Welcome back to Knoxville, Kellie Jolly... | The Boneyard

Welcome back to Knoxville, Kellie Jolly...

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
... assuming Fulmer cans Holly, as some are expecting tomorrow.

Seriously, how do they not give her the next chance at the helm? Female, check. Lady Vol alum, double check. Cute young son who's about the same age as Tyler when Kelly was a player, Check.

Had some ups and down as a HC but now fresh of Cinderella run with Missouri State.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
... assuming Fulmer cans Holly, as some are expecting tomorrow.

Seriously, how do they not give her the next chance at the helm? Female, check. Lady Vol alum, double check. Cute young son who's about the same age as Tyler when Kelly was a player, Check.

Had some ups and down as a HC but now fresh of Cinderella run with Missouri State.

She definitely wouldn't be my top choice, but I'll be happy with anyone other than Holly at this point. She's done well at the mid-major level but struggled at NC State. Wasn't able to turn the program around. At Tennessee she'd inherit a much stronger roster and an easier place to recruit to, but my choice would be a good P5 coach (maybe Barnes-Arrico) or a different mid-major coach (Fortier, Krieger, Baranczyk, Banghart). Good female coaches are plentiful at mid majors right now would have a great shot to land one if they were willing to shell out some money. They aren't going to land any of Walz/Rueck/Frese/Muffet/Mulkey/etc. In a dream scenario we'd land Goestenkors but that ain't happening either. Crossing my fingers Holly gets the axe tomorrow and then the rest will unfold in the coming weeks.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Vol fans all in on the Harper train. She’s the saviour. She’s part of the LV family, having a nice run at Missouri State and she’s affordable.

Reaction Score
Another thread said the rumor was that the Holly announcement would be on Monday and then someone posted that it would not be announced as long as the men were still in the tournament...ah, rumors...

Reaction Score
I’m sure this has been used before with reference to this possibility, but can’t resist thinking about Phil Fulmer singing this at a press conference:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
John Adams: Only way for Lady Vols to change culture is to change coaches

"UCLA had just knocked the Tennessee Lady Vols out of the NCAA Tournament with an 89-77 first-round victory Saturday when coach Holly Warlick made a state-of-the-program-type comment.

“We’ve got to change our culture,” she said. “There’s parity in women’s basketball.”

I'm not sure what one sentence had to do with the other. I’m also baffled that after seven years on the job, Warlick would say the culture had to be changed, as though she had experienced an epiphany during the course of the game.

If that’s not a self-indictment, what is?

You talk about changing a program’s culture in your first season, not your seventh. But I agree that changes are needed."

Asked how to change the culture? Work harder. Including road work in the summer. Yes, she said those things.

Here, Holly, this is for you:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Vol fans all in on the Harper train. She’s the saviour. She’s part of the LV family, having a nice run at Missouri State and she’s affordable.

After the upset last night I was totally expecting them to advocate that.

Reaction Score
Local Knoxville news station reports that it will be the upsets of all upsets of Holly Warlick is back as coach. All signs point to be her leaving (from news reporter who cited sources inside the athletic depetament). Speculation of Tina Langley, Kelly Jolly Harper , Wes Moore and big ticket item Jeff Walz as candidates. Fulmer is asking around taking his time talking to people in WBB. Again Tony Basilo Knox News radio who has ties to UT is reporting this

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
This is ridiculous. She's gotten them to the NCAA every year. And had a winning record every year. No way they should get rid of her. I say give her an extension. Possibly a lifetime extension.

However, if they are dumb enough to let her go, I'm on the Coach Jumper train.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score

Not really. Go to Volnation. They want Fulmer to go after Walz, Mulky. Scaeffer and Freese. Actual Geno gets mentioned a few times. Some of those fans spell it as Gino (Ha, Ha).

Also reported that Fulmer meet with HW yesterday. Something could happen today or tomorrow. Again speculation. Also, sort through the posts and there are rumors that Westbrook and one other are going to transfer out.

Stay tuned. The soap opera will continue.

Reaction Score
This is ridiculous. She's gotten them to the NCAA every year. And had a winning record every year. No way they should get rid of her. I say give her an extension. Possibly a lifetime extension.

However, if they are dumb enough to let her go, I'm on the Coach Jumper train.
Went to lady vols board, they mention Coach Jumper, who is Coach Jumper, I have never heard that name before?

Plebe

Reaction Score
Went to lady vols board, they mention Coach Jumper, who is Coach Jumper, I have never heard that name before?
A legend in his own mind.

He's a frequent poster on VolNation and "he can be there tomorrow."

He's either unintentionally hilarious or he's running a very long troll operation on the Vols folks.

Reaction Score
A legend in his own mind.

He's a frequent poster on VolNation and "he can be there tomorrow."

He's either unintentionally hilarious or he's running a very long troll operation on the Vols folks.

All the above. And some have believing in him

Reaction Score
Anyone know how accurate this is? If true, it would be seismic IMO

Plebe

Reaction Score
Anyone know how accurate this is? If true, it would be seismic IMO

WTH does this even mean, "prepared to lose"? Does this mean Walz has told his AD he's leaving?? Smells fake.

Reaction Score
WTH does this even mean, "prepared to lose"? Does this mean Walz has told his AD he's leaving?? Smells fake.

My thoughts exactly, and Tennessee hasn’t even fired Warlick yet so I knew it didn’t really add up.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
LOL - Watch somebody like Carolyn Peck swoop in there and grab it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom