Week 8 Big Games Jan 3-8 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Week 8 Big Games Jan 3-8

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
@Lorcan nailed it but did omit the Utah-Colorado game which also should be good theatre tonight. For me, I am rooting for all thing Oregon, Tiger Orange and Ute red…

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Wait, what? Your team dismantles Wake in the 4th quarter to win by 10 then you have the audacity to ask their staunch supporter about an eatery after you ate there? That's cold...You should have asked before going...:D

No no, I would never do that to a Wake fan. Kermit's is an institution in Winston... been around probably 60 years or so.... so I figured @The deacon probably ate there a few times in his days at Wake.

Reaction Score
Looks like Utah is about to lose to Colorado. I imagine they'll fall out of the top 10, who knows how much further.

Reaction Score
I couldn’t believe Oregon St choked away a 10 point lead with 3 minutes left to play. I walk away and I saw AZ won
It was tied 53 53, I got distracted for what seemed like 10 seconds and Oregon State was up by 6, stretches it to 10, then Arizona goes on a two minute 15 0 run.

Reaction Score
Colorado with the upset! 77-67 over #8 undefeated Utah, well they were undefeated. Ladyvols bested this same Colorado team by 18 last month.

Attachments

• 3F263D41-90B1-42B2-B354-EFA45157CC4E.jpeg
    3F263D41-90B1-42B2-B354-EFA45157CC4E.jpeg
    301.6 KB · Views: 62
Reaction Score
Colorado with the upset! 77-67 over #8 undefeated Utah, well they were undefeated. Ladyvols bested this same Colorado team by 18 last month.

Surprised that it was a 10 point victory, but not surprised Colorado won. They are dangerous on their home court. They beat Stanford in 2021. Before tonight they were 12 and 3, with losses to Utah, Tennessee and Texas Tech.

Massey has Colorado ranked 29th and gave Utah only a 52 pct chance to win. When they played at Utah Utah won 85 58.

It was a rivalry game.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Utah seemed kinda sketchy to me after barely beating both Washington schools last weekend, and WSU was without Leger-Walker. They were primed to get beat.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Crazy. I saw Schwarz last year in person against NC State and was really impressed. I thought she had a lot of potential. But she has struggled this season. Its a bummer if this is her last season.

I agree about North Carolina. They kinda remind me of the Oregon teams prior to this year and post Sabrina, in that they had a lot of good pieces but for some reason it didn't click. I have a theory that it's tough when u don't know ur role or the pecking order. Also sometimes it falls on ur best player.
I agree about Schwartz. I saw her last season and was really impressed. I was hoping UConn would go after her but now I am glad they have Lou Senechal instead.

Reaction Score
Looks like Utah is about to lose to Colorado. I imagine they'll fall out of the top 10, who knows how much further.
Whoa. Just another example of, never doubt yourself or your team. Compete to the best of your ability. Utah is a pretty solid team and Colorado is pretty solid as well. Colorado may have lost to Utah a few weeks ago but to regroup and come back and beat the same team that blew you out just a few weeks ago, speaks volumes about the heart of this squad. Coach Payne has a solid squad over in Colorado.

Reaction Score
I couldn’t believe Oregon St choked away a 10 point lead with 3 minutes left to play. I walk away and I saw AZ won
Bone crushing defeat for the Oregon State Faithful. When you don't have a pure PG that can handle pressure, you are always vulnerable. Outside of the last 3 minutes Oregon State played its best offensive and defensive game of the season. I can only pin this loss on the OSU Coaching staff. OSU Coaching staff did not manage the game well in those last 3 minutes, and certainly did not make the necessary adjustments to close out this game.

Reaction Score
Whoa. Just another example of, never doubt yourself or your team. Compete to the best of your ability. Utah is a pretty solid team and Colorado is pretty solid as well. Colorado may have lost to Utah a few weeks ago but to regroup and come back and beat the same team that blew you out just a few weeks ago, speaks volumes about the heart of this squad. Coach Payne has a solid squad over in Colorado.
Yup. And you spelled “whoa” correctly. You’d be surprised how uncommon that is these days.

Reaction Score
Bone crushing defeat for the Oregon State Faithful. When you don't have a pure PG that can handle pressure, you are always vulnerable. Outside of the last 3 minutes Oregon State played its best offensive and defensive game of the season. I can only pin this loss on the OSU Coaching staff. OSU Coaching staff did not manage the game well in those last 3 minutes, and certainly did not make the necessary adjustments to close out this game.
I sat down to finally watch the ending of the game and Rueck horrifically mismanaged the end of the game letting a 12 point lead evaporate like that. Lack of timeouts to settle them down and draw up a play, jacking up quick shots, bad turnovers. Did Beers even touch the ball to end the game the last few minutes? Arizona literally could not stop her, literally couldn't stop her and they couldn't draw up anything for her?

Congrats to Arizona on the comeback win. Easily could have rolled over and call it a night but dang I would be mad as a OSU fan.

Reaction Score
I sat down to finally watch the ending of the game and Rueck horrifically mismanaged the end of the game letting a 12 point lead evaporate like that. Lack of timeouts to settle them down and draw up a play, jacking up quick shots, bad turnovers. Did Beers even touch the ball to end the game the last few minutes? Arizona literally could not stop her, literally couldn't stop her and they couldn't draw up anything for her?

Congrats to Arizona on the comeback win. Easily could have rolled over and call it a night but dang I would be mad as a OSU fan.
Beers flopped on the entry pass late in the game. It wasn't the best pas either. Beers is good, but her lack of conditioning late in the game showed. Scott was HORRIBLE. Who in the building didn't know who was going to take the last shot? I can't decide if the AZ defense is that good or if the OSU guards are that bad with ball security. It did make for an entertaining game.

Reaction Score
Utah seemed kinda sketchy to me after barely beating both Washington schools last weekend, and WSU was without Leger-Walker. They were primed to get beat.
UTAH just looked exhausted or at best...checked out of this game.

Reaction Score
Not the biggest big ten game today (can't wait for Iowa vs Michigan to kickoff in an hour on Fox(kinda big time)), but good win by Maryland over Michigan state. It's good to see Lavender Briggs look more like herself recently. 3 straight double figure games. It sucks to be critical/down ob these young athletes, lav in particular coming off big injuries and joining a new team. Just happy to see her find a rythm.

Update: Iowa felt like they were in control the whole game. Mature, solid game from them. Michigan didn't play great defense after the first quarter and their big 3, who I really like didn't play great. Kiser played well but Brown and Phelia struggled a bit (I know Brown ended up with 20 but I feel like the last 6 were when the game was out of reach).

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Didn't have that on my bingo card. Iowa St and Baylor looking the most impressive in Big 12 play. Sarah Andrews for Baylor had another monster game as they beat Kansas on the road.

There is still obviously a lot of basketball to play.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not the biggest big ten game today (can't wait for Iowa vs Michigan to kickoff in an hour on Fox(kinda big time)), but good win by Maryland over Michigan state. It's good to see Lavender Briggs look more like herself recently. 3 straight double figure games. It sucks to be critical/down ob these young athletes, lav in particular coming off big injuries and joining a new team. Just happy to see her find a rythm.

Update: Iowa felt like they were in control the whole game. Mature, solid game from them. Michigan didn't play great defense after the first quarter and their big 3, who I really like didn't play great. Kiser played well but Brown and Phelia struggled a bit (I know Brown ended up with 20 but I feel like the last 6 were when the game was out of reach).
Michigan defense was ...not good.

Reaction Score

Didn't have that on my bingo card. Iowa St and Baylor looking the most impressive in Big 12 play. Sarah Andrews for Baylor had another monster game as they beat Kansas on the road.

There is still obviously a lot of basketball to play.

Very good win for Oklahoma State. I sortve watch Texas pretty closely and I thought they were turning it around. But after their win vs TCU Vic was very downtrodden. He mentioned that the team wasn't ready to play and didn't play well. I had watched the game and didn't really see what he was saying.
This game I definitely saw some of their deficiencies. Their inability to stop dribble penetration and their defense in general had some issues. But credit Oklahoma State. So many players on their team made big plays. They were up ten going into the 4th but by around the 5 minute mark the game was tied at 72. But Oklahoma State ended up making every big play.
Some of them were just great plays.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Wow, some interesting scores here early on Sun afternoon
1. MSU 19-12 over SC after 1Qtr
2. Illinois tied AT tOSU 22-22 after 1
3. Miami beating VPI at home 20-19
4 BC and FSU in a nail biter late in the 3rd 49-47 FSU leads

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
VPI is right there with North Carolina for being seriously underwhelming this season, based on what they had coming back and how they did last year.

Reaction Score
That was an entertaining game between Florida and Georgia. Florida looked like they were on their way to a victory, but imploded in the 4th. Audrey Warren is a good player, but she flops more than Marlon on deck in Nemo. :D Can’t believe that Florida had two starters to foul out and Georgia had zero. :eek: Still a lot of talent on the Gators’ bench that were not dressed. Anyone know the status of Florida’s Leilani Correa? I haven’t seen her dress or play in a game in a while.

Reaction Score
Miami beats Va Tech 77-66. Kitley fouled out in the final seconds, which I think is a good sign for her energy level, since it's seemed a bit low in earlier games. And Haley Cavinder had a great game, and is maybe proving herself on the big stage.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Did I see correctly that Illinois was up 17 on Ohio St. in Q3? Couldn't hold onto the lead. Kudos to tOSU for the come back.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom