Week 6 CFB games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Week 6 CFB games

Reaction Score
UCF getting pounded by Kansas.
B12 newbies 0-7 against the rest of the conf.
If UCF is patient Mullen will have them competing every year. He’ll be able ti recruit better with Big 12 pedigree. Maybe not as good as Auburn but UCF is a nice location

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Can’t believe Fresno-Wyoming is a prime time network game (Fox)
I’m a big fan of Craig Bohl and glad to see him get this attention.

It’s kind of crazy that he’s looked 75 for the last 20 years, though.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Boise is getting lit up. Surprising at how far that program has fallen.

Reaction Score
Damn whoever the coach for Miami is needs to be fired after running the ball instead of kneeing. Cost them the game to GT

Reaction Score
Damn whoever the coach for Miami is needs to be fired after running the ball instead of kneeing. Cost them the game to GT
Mario Cristibal. And then Miami allowed the GT receivers to get past them on winning TD. Epic collapse which is being called worst coaching call ever by ESPN.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Is USC any good? Seems like they keep having closer games than they should, and their D is giving up a lot of points. Haven't really played anybody good yet. Schedule is really back loaded, play Utah, Washington, Oregon and UCLA down the stretch (w/ Cal sandwiched in there). I expect AT LEAST 2 losses out of the 4, maybe more. Plus they have Notre Dame coming up next. They are pretty lucky in that only the Oregon game is on the road, get UW, Utah and UCLA at home. ND is on the road too.

Reaction Score
Guy has probably derailed what looked like a pretty good season for them. Sometimes I wonder how these coaches can tell their players to be smart, be responsible, never quit, and then make some decision like that. People will say that wasn't a fumble, and it sure looked like the kid was down, but math is undefeated, or damn near it, and if you kneel on the ball the game is over. One of the all time worst coaching decisions I have ever seen. There is getting beaten on the field, which you can come back from. I don't know how kids bounce back in the short term from a game in which your 80 million dollar coach pulled the rug out from under you.

Reaction Score
Is USC any good? Seems like they keep having closer games than they should, and their D is giving up a lot of points. Haven't really played anybody good yet. Schedule is really back loaded, play Utah, Washington, Oregon and UCLA down the stretch (w/ Cal sandwiched in there). I expect AT LEAST 2 losses out of the 4, maybe more. Plus they have Notre Dame coming up next. They are pretty lucky in that only the Oregon game is on the road, get UW, Utah and UCLA at home. ND is on the road too.
QB is probably the top pick in the draft, their defense is horrible. Beyond horrible really. Makes for some exciting games for sure.

Reaction Score
Guy has probably derailed what looked like a pretty good season for them. Sometimes I wonder how these coaches can tell their players to be smart, be responsible, never quit, and then make some decision like that. People will say that wasn't a fumble, and it sure looked like the kid was down, but math is undefeated, or damn near it, and if you kneel on the ball the game is over. One of the all time worst coaching decisions I have ever seen. There is getting beaten on the field, which you can come back from. I don't know how kids bounce back in the short term from a game in which your 80 million dollar coach pulled the rug out from under you.
All that said, letting a receiver get behind you on the last play of the game is unconscionable.
Major F up be the D coordinator.

Reaction Score
Miami LOL

From ESPN:

How bad was it?

Pitbull has been downgraded from Mr. Worldwide to Mr. Corner of 36th and South near the IHOP.

Traffic on A1A in South Beach is just a bunch of Chevy Cavaliers.

The pool at The Clevelander had to be evacuated because of a bathroom incident.

There are losses. There are bad losses. There are losses that haunt a coach on his deathbed. And then about 100 miles past that is how Miami lost Saturday.

Reaction Score
All that said, letting a receiver get behind you on the last play of the game is unconscionable.
Major F up be the D coordinator.
I think the safety just blew it when the defense lost contain on the QB. One thing is for sure, just kneeling on the ball eliminates all of it. Coaches make iffy calls all the time, but that one was the height of idiocy. I can only think of a few in my life that are as bad.

Reaction Score
I think the safety just blew it when the defense lost contain on the QB. One thing is for sure, just kneeling on the ball eliminates all of it. Coaches make iffy calls all the time, but that one was the height of idiocy. I can only think of a few in my life that are as bad.
But there shouldn’t be one safety back on that play. There should be 14.

Reaction Score
But there shouldn’t be one safety back on that play. There should be 14.
Remember though, GT only actually needed a field goal to tie, so they couldn't just stand everyone in the endzone. When it turned into a scramble ball play, guys just ran around and got lost. The biggest failure on defense was letting the QB get free. In my opinion of course.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom