Week 5 AP Rankings | The Boneyard

Week 5 AP Rankings

Reaction Score
Still have a good shot for a #1 seed assuming Fudd & Dorka get back soon & if no more setbacks (a lot of IFs!). Maryland will be tough to win next week if they both are not ready. SC obviously. Others we should be a favorite.

Reaction Score
Massey still has UCONN with the #2 ranking. They focus heavily on strength of schedule & quality wins.
UCONN has the #1 strength of schedule, while Stanford's, Indiana's, & Ohio State's SOS are all in the 20's.

Reaction Score
There are some teams that have pristine records but haven’t beaten anyone of note. Look for them to drop when the schedule gets real.
St. Johns deserved some recognition for the win over Creighton and being undefeated, but alas the honks that vote really don't like admitting the BE has some teams now.

Reaction Score
Massey still has UCONN with the #2 ranking. They focus heavily on strength of schedule & quality wins.
UCONN has the #1 strength of schedule, while Stanford's, Indiana's, & Ohio State's SOS are all in the 20's.T
The first net rankings came out today also. UConn is at #3, and that is where they should be, based on SOS, etc. AP is just a bunch of sportswriter voters that don't actually watch all the games.
I actually wonder if they even considered that ND LOST to MD last week also.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Louisville and Texas have joined TN as top 25 dropouts.

The Vols don't even merit an “also getting votes”.

Others receiving votes: Kansas 37, Marquette 30, Louisville 28, Texas 17, St. John's 14, Miami 12, South Florida 12, Virginia 8, Duke 5, Rice 4, Florida State 4, Purdue 3, Nebraska 2, Missouri 2, Seton Hall 1, Middle Tennessee 1, USC 1

Dropped from rankings: Louisville 18, Texas 22, Marquette 24

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I'm still waiting for the real (Boneyard) poll to come out. Also waiting for this coming Sunday to see how UConn does against the Irish-killing Terps.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Some of these voters need to be drug tested. For example Miami received 11 votes in the preseason and first regular season poll. No votes in weeks 3 and 4. This week they received 12 votes. I guess that 40 point blowout of North Florida was very impressive.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
The first net rankings came out today also. UConn is at #3, and that is where they should be, based on SOS, etc. AP is just a bunch of sportswriter voters that don't actually watch all the games.
I actually wonder if they even considered that ND LOST to MD last week also.
And then MD lost to unranked Nebraska and Maryland's AP ranking did not change.

Reaction Score
I expected a drop down to MAYBE 5, but I’m a bit surprised by this. Not that it matters anyway. All that matters is who is #1 at the end of the season. :cool:

TBH, I’m sure that come March the Huskies will be a 1 seed.

Edit: I concur that the AP voters are certainly …. “Unreliable”, to be nice.

Reaction Score
Just about what everyone was expecting???
The Good Guys drop below Ohio State, Indiana and ND
Rankings are an ego trip for some fans, of some teams. Coaches, if they are any good, know where their team ranks, right now. If coaching does its job, they will be a different team in mid march.
I'm darn happy with these kids right now. ND, love em or hate em, played well and executed well. Will Uconn be a full roster on the next meeting? The best thing those ranking have to view with Uconn is its roster, their schedule. It's a long season and just beginning.
I have large shaker of salt, containing large salt chunks, I take a hand full with these early rankings.

Reaction Score
I'm still waiting for the real (Boneyard) poll to come out. Also waiting for this coming Sunday to see how UConn does against the Irish-killing Terps.
The game plan for the Terps has been set. The image is ND's "hands on" approach. the Burlesques mode, (bump and grind) in the post, get into Uconn's heads early. If the Terps can score as easily as ND did, it could be a long day. I suspect, if all are well, BIG IF, Geno will be playing 5 against 7 practice players using ND's Football.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Not really worried about the drop. UConn was going to lose at least one game. Too bad is was to the Golden Domers.

ND won't stay up there. Neither will tOSU. Indian will loose as will a lot of others. Let's see what things look like come February.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom