Week 5 AP Rankings | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Week 5 AP Rankings

Reaction Score
The season is a process. Ranking doesn't matter much right now...it's where you finish. Taking a loss relieves some pressure and exposes areas that need to be improved. I believe we'll be fine when all is said and done. It didn't help to have two of the best players in WCBB on the bench.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
The top 6 seem reasonable enough to me, whatever the best order might be. But, after that, I find it difficult to identify any team that, based on what I've seen, truly belongs in the top 10 at this point. Not (imo), North Carolina; not Iowa State; and not Virginia Tech. Maybe North Carolina State? Or Iowa (assuming the shoot well and play some defense? I'm not convinced. Maybe it's just homer-speak, but I think that my team--Oregon--which is surely not deserving of a ranking any higher that it has currently and is very much a work in progress would hold it own against any of the above (and best North Carolina in a rematch).

Reaction Score
The beating 3 top 10 teams when they played them methodology is really misleading. Texas has fallen off of a cliff and is unranked, 31 per Massey. And Iowa is ranked 16th, 21st according to Massey. I’d say so far we have one really good win, coming against NC State. Our one loss comes to ND; and many will use the injury excuse. By that methodology, we should also accept that Texas played without Harmon, further contextualizing that win.

In the end, your wins are judged at season end, when every teams’ full resume has been built. We’ll have to wait and see how everyone fairs.

To me, the picture of the season becomes more clear as the games are played. Preseason, our schedule looked like a gauntlet. As of right now, per Massey, our only top 10 opponents are South Carolina and NC State. A tough schedule, but not as tough as it once appeared.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Side note--has it ever happened before where both men's programs for Tennessee and Connecticut are ranked ahead of the women's? UCONN men are at 5, women are 6. Tennessee men are 7, women are unranked.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom