Week 4 games (Dec. 14-20) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Week 4 games (Dec. 14-20)

Reaction Score
Pacific off to a flying start against SEC Cellar dweller, Lousiana State. Pacific up 11-4 early, and the only question is whether LSU has enough offense to catch up before the half.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Not sure why but I am dueling games between OSU/WSU (logical) and TCU/TTU (not logical). As much as Plebe reminds Marlene is long gone from TTU, I find myself rooting for TCU...

Can anyone check on @SECbbfan24 as I worry about his Blood pressure...:oops:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Pacific off to a flying start against SEC Cellar dweller, Lousiana State. Pacific up 11-4 early, and the only question is whether LSU has enough offense to catch up before the half.
Not sure that LSU can even score 11 points the rest of the game, the way their offense has been going.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

Pacific is probably glad they aren't facing Stanford again. Higgins and McDavid are quality players and Tillman had a nice outing against the Cardinal.

Reaction Score
Not sure that LSU can even score 11 points the rest of the game, the way their offense has been going.

To be fair, the SEC offensive juggernaut is now at a whopping 12 points against mighty Pacific!

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
How did LSU fall down so badly?

Our resident LSU fan can offer more details, but I think it has something to do w/ the current coach...

Reaction Score
UCF beats Tulsa to go 2-0 in conference this week and move to 4-1 overall on the year. Outside of dropping one to FGCU it'd been promising. We'll see how they do at Georgia Tech next week.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
...so does Nikki "pull a Lindsey" and try to escape to an NBA job or a WNBA job to avoid the ignominy of being relieved of her duties or not having her contract renewed? :rolleyes:

Plebe

Reaction Score
How did LSU fall down so badly?
Our resident LSU fan can offer more details, but I think it has something to do w/ the current coach...
But just from last year, the plummet is striking.

Ayana Mitchell was truly the heart and soul of the team, Many of their returning players were serviceable as a supporting cast but, as of yet, have failed to step up to a starring role.

They need more from everyone, but I'm surprised Khayla Pointer isn't scoring more. She was their best guard last couple years, not a good shooter but very quick on the drive, and they need more than 10 ppg from her.

I'll defer to @SECbbfan24 for further commentary.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
...so does Nikki "pull a Lindsey" and try to escape to an NBA job or a WNBA job to avoid the ignominy of being relieved of her duties or not having her contract renewed? :rolleyes:

She probably waited too long. Lindsey had at least a tiny bit of cred still when she bailed.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Texas Tech, just days after losing their starting PG to the transfer portal, pulls out a win at home over TCU.

Lexi Gordon had a big game, with 24 points (but only 1-7 from 3). Vivian Gray added 15-10-5.

Lauren Heard did her part and then some for the Horned Frogs (27 points, 12 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 steals). Pebley's gotta get her some help.

Reaction Score
I hope Nikki walks home. She should be gone.

UCLA, take her back

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
All times are Eastern time zone....
Sat., Dec. 18

Houston at #22 South Florida (7p, ESPN+)
#1 Stanford at USC (9p, P12N)
You know if you are not going to keep the schedule up to date, I will have to cut your pay! I thought, "Hey Jose's got a game, let's tune it in, but NO....game postponed...:mad:
You're suspect Plebe, you're suspect! ;)

Plebe

Reaction Score
You know if you are not going to keep the schedule up to date, I will have to cut your pay! I thought, "Hey Jose's got a game, let's tune it in, but NO....game postponed...:mad:
You're suspect Plebe, you're suspect! ;)
Well, actually, this is exactly how the system is supposed to work. I post the games scheduled at time of posting, and our devoted and avid followers of WCBB then post any updates in the fast-changing schedule.

So, in this instance that would be you. Thank you for your service, updater! :)

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
LSU is 0-2 against WCC teams, but they get another crack at it today vs. LMU.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Coach Harper playing everyone. Tennessee 31-19 halftime.

Plebe

Reaction Score

UCLA, take her back
I don't think Nikki would be qualified to be even an assistant coach.

I actually think LSU fans should feel relieved that this season is going so abysmally that the AD will have almost no choice but to fire her.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Tennessee wins 66-40 everyone played at least 14 minutes. Davis played 15 minutes.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
You probably don't realize it... but UNCG (My spartans) have a 3-0 all-time record vs the Mighty Lady Vols :)
though the last meeting was in 1976

If UNC-G pulls off the upset.... I'll drive to Knoxville.... outfitted in a UNCG shirt and hat.. and stand in front of Thomas-Boling Arena and taunt all of the Vol fans that pass by.

But seriously... the only way UNCG keeps it close is if Tennesee's top 7 players come down with food poisoning before tipoff :oops: Sadly My Spartan's aren't very good this season, and they have played all year without their best player who is injured. If UNC-G breaks 40 points... I'll be shocked.
So much for being undefeated :p

Last edited:

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
If they only meet once every 44 years, it will take 132 years, or in the year, 2152, when Tennessee finally takes the series lead.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score

UCLA, take her back

Does LSU care about women's basketball tho? If she's this bad in Starkville, she'll be gone in a year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom