Week 4 games (Dec. 14-20) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Week 4 games (Dec. 14-20)

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Due to a positive COVID test within the Duke WBB program, Sunday's game between Duke and NC State has been postponed.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Some tasty Big South Conference games tonight at 6pm EST. The battle of Virginia... Radford vs Longwood.... you got Gardner Webb at Presbyterian.... and a non-conference clash of the VA Baptists vs the NC Methodists when Liberty ventures into the Triad to take on the up and coming Panthers of HPU.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Nothing about today's lineup jumps off the page for me, but it'll be interesting to see what transpires when Tennessee visits Indiana.

Although Kentucky is grossly overrated, I still think they're better than Tennessee, and so barring another self-immolation like the one the Hoosiers displayed in Lexington, this one *should* go for the home team. But you never know. Indiana seems to have depth issues, with only 7 players getting significant minutes in the Kentucky game.

I'm also curious to see what happens when South Dakota visits Bradley, a Missouri Valley program that had a breakout season last year.
This game is not listed on BTN+ on the ESPN Live Game Site. I surely want to see it.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Some tasty Big South Conference games tonight at 6pm EST. The battle of Virginia... Radford vs Longwood.... you got Gardner Webb at Presbyterian.... and a non-conference clash of the VA Baptists vs the NC Methodists when Liberty ventures into the Triad to take on the up and coming Panthers of HPU.
Well at least two of the teams score more than 70 points, I may be willing to give some of your recommendations another look..."may" being the operative word...;)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Not able to tune in to the broadcast right now, but I see that Bradley kept it very close in the first half against South Dakota, but the Yotes have opened up a 10-point lead in 3Q.

Link to broadcast

Hannah Sjerven is having a mammoth game: 26 points and 18 rebounds with 10 minutes still to play.

Gabi Haack leads Bradley with 20 points and 5 rebounds.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Not a high profile team, but one of my bigger disappointments so far this year is U. of Portland. They looked really good in winning the WCC Tourney last year. They may have lost a few key players, but I know they returned some key players as well. They lost to Montana St. 80-67 today to drop to 3-3. Two of their wins are against Seattle U. (usually not good at all) and one against non-D1 Northwest College. I expected more of the Pilots. Next up they start WCC play, we'll see where they fall in the conference.

On a positive note for them, Fowler scored 31 on 12-18 shooting today. She was mostly ineffective against Washington last Sunday.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
It was announced this evening that due to COVID issues with Louisville and Duke, Miami will now travel to Raleigh to play NC State at Noon on Sunday, replacing the postponed Duke/NC State game.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Jackson State at Tennessee game is canceled.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Jackson State at Tennessee game is canceled.
Any reason why-was it due to concerns or some team actually having contracted a positive test?

Reaction Score
Any reason why-was it due to concerns or some team actually having contracted a positive test?
"Tennessee announced Friday morning that the women's basketball game against Jackson State on Sunday has been canceled.

UT said that Jackson State would not be able to travel to Knoxville due to COVID-19 contract tracing and quarantine measures within its program.

UT is working to find a replacement game and are expected to have an announcement later in the day."

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
While a bit sad any team gets a positive test, I was worried that Tennessee had the positive test and would disrupt their games, and potentially the one against us.

Reaction Score
Cal Baptist is off to a 7-0 start. Haven't really played anybody of note, but they are cleaning house against Big West and WCC teams from California.
A note about Cal Baptist: I watched them in the tournament in Victoria, Canada last Thanksgiving ('19-seems like years ago). Watching them come out on the floor to take on Stanford, we remarked that they looked like a high school team. Also the male head coach was surrounded by assistants all wearing high heels! Well, that team handed Stanford all it could handle the first half raining down 3s. They couldn't miss IIRC.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
While a bit sad any team gets a positive test, I was worried that Tennessee had the positive test and would disrupt their games, and potentially the one against us.
It's a bit crazy this year. Tennessee doesn't play Stanford and the Texas game wasn't played.

Reaction Score
It's a bit crazy this year. Tennessee doesn't play Stanford and the Texas game wasn't played.

Yeah, there's plenty of teams that had good games lined up. I know that Tara has mentioned that Stanford was supposed to play South Carolina in addition to our usual games with Tennessee and Texas. The pandemic has done a number on the schedules, and if California shuts down soon, who knows what will happen next.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
In a Battle of the SC Public Big South schools.... USC-Upstate held a 40-22 lead over Winthrop midway through the 3rd quarter..... now the Eagles of Winthrop leads 46-44 with 5 minutes left in the game :eek:

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Nicholls fell to 0-5 on the season, losing to Southern Miss, 63-50, in the season opener for the Lady Eagles.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Thankfully we have this thread to keep us apprised of all the various changes, cancellations and postponement.

So will Tennessee playing a top150 or a top 250 opponent, though my money is on a top 350 opponent (there's only 351 teams), unless they dig down to D2...:rolleyes:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

You probably don't realize it... but UNCG (My spartans) have a 3-0 all-time record vs the Mighty Lady Vols :)
though the last meeting was in 1976

Where's @triaddukefan to give us the scouting report on how possibly there could be an upset?:rolleyes:

If UNC-G pulls off the upset.... I'll drive to Knoxville.... outfitted in a UNCG shirt and hat.. and stand in front of Thomas-Boling Arena and taunt all of the Vol fans that pass by.

But seriously... the only way UNCG keeps it close is if Tennesee's top 7 players come down with food poisoning before tipoff :oops: Sadly My Spartan's aren't very good this season, and they have played all year without their best player who is injured. If UNC-G breaks 40 points... I'll be shocked.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
If UNC-G pulls off the upset.... I'll drive to Knoxville.... outfitted in a UNCG shirt and hat.. and stand in front of Thomas-Boling Arena and taunt all of the Vol fans that pass by.
And if UNCG wins, I will procure Spartan gear — safe to say the only such gear I will have ever owned of a North Carolina institution — and wear it on every UNCG game day for the remainder of the season. :cool:

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
You probably don't realize it... but UNCG (My spartans) have a 3-0 all-time record vs the Mighty Lady Vols :)
though the last meeting was in 1976

But seriously... the only way UNCG keeps it close is if Tennesee's top 7 players come down with food poisoning before tipoff :oops: Sadly My Spartan's aren't very good this season, and they have played all year without their best player who is injured. If UNC-G breaks 40 points... I'll be shocked.
Thanks for letting me know. Davis started breaking out of the shooting slump last game. If she is on she could put up big numbers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom