Weak WNBA draft | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Weak WNBA draft

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
There are going to be about 10 actual WBNA roster spots available for any of these draftees. The over the top dress and family performances last night will probably be the last their last hurrah!

You'd rather have them dress like this and have their family sit quietly in the corner??

paw.jpg

Reaction Score
You'd rather have them dress like this and have their family sit quietly in the corner??

View attachment 66895
Figured I'd get some blowback on my comment. My point is that the whole "draft show" production whether NBA.NFL, WNBA, MLB, etc. has become more of a fashion show competition than anything else. The families in the background, or next to the draft pick, with the phones out taking pictures of themselves on the TV screen seems a bit self absorbed, and sure to be posted on some social media site in seconds. It's good to be proud of you child, or family member, but I find the dancing and prancing around more about that individual than the actual athlete. I guess I'm just too damn old, and expect a bit of humbleness, modesty and decorum. Just my opinion.

Reaction Score

WNBA draft 2021: Arella Guirantes and Dana Evans both using their second-round selections as motivation

The WNBA draft on Thursday didn't turn out as expected for projected first-round picks Arella Guirantes of Rutgers and Dana Evans of Louisville. But both guards said Friday they hoped their drop to the second round would motivate them.

Evans, projected at No. 6 by ESPN's final mock draft, went with the first pick of the second round to Dallas at No. 13. Guirantes, projected to go third, was chosen by Los Angeles at No. 22.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
When Minnie originally made the trades and only had 1 draft pick this year, I wondered why. It became very clear upon the realization of how weak this draft is.
They probably preferred McBride, Achonwa, and Powers to anyone in the 2021 draft from outside of Finland.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom