We won!!!! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

We won!!!!

DCT

Reaction Score
Safety drafted in 6th round 2018 still playing started 5 games so far this season

Reaction Score
It’s just crazy that I’m some games the o and D looks like middle of the road fbs teams. Then in that same game can have a total collapse weather it be missed tackels by the D a pick thrown by the qb or a dumb penalty that puts vandy in field goal range. That vandy game had to be a heartbreak for the kids. I really feel it has to do with the coaching. Offense gets flowing then change the plays and then are the d coaches calling plays they are uncomfortable with. It’s almost like the coaches wanted to lose instead of win. Could they be petty enough to not care since they know they’re walking papers are coming?

Reaction Score
Crazy looking at all the tweets mocking our first win. Even when we win we lose.
Yeah, but they were funny. Current win streak Uconn-1, Alabama-0. Uconn defeats 27 time National Champion, and 41billion dollar endowment school Yale. That was another one. You have to give those tweeters credit for originality.

Reaction Score
Tennessee (who we almost beat almost beat and should have). Almost upset a ranked team yesterday. They embarrassed their program far worse than we have this year by their fan behavior - throwing bottles and debris to the point where the game had to be stopped.

What’s the connection? We aren’t as bad as advertised. We deserve the negative press - no issue there but who know what a taste of winning can do for this young team?

Reaction Score
I'm happy for these kids to finally win a game.

What blows my mind is that we have a roster full of FBS scholarship level players. Yale does not offer football scholarships. There is zero reason our O-Line should not have been man handling them and opening up holes all day long. There is zero reason we should have only beaten them by 6. There is zero reason this game should have come down to the final play.

Everyone wants to say losing to Holy Cross was bad. At least they have players who are recruited and given scholarships. Yale is not on that level. Yet our team that has spent all of last season getting stronger and faster got pushed around and stuffed by these same players.

I know a win is a win but watching this game was just shocking....
You actually think Yale and the other Ivies don’t get quality football players just because they don’t offer “athletic” scholarships?

Reaction Score
You actually think Yale and the other Ivies don’t get quality football players just because they don’t offer “athletic” scholarships?
Most of the students who are from middle class or working families get scholarships at the Ivy League schools. I'm sure they have extra money hanging around for football players even if it is not officially a FB scholarship. At Yale among the undergrad students in general 53 percent get aid.

Reaction Score
I'm happy for these kids to finally win a game.

What blows my mind is that we have a roster full of FBS scholarship level players. Yale does not offer football scholarships. There is zero reason our O-Line should not have been man handling them and opening up holes all day long. There is zero reason we should have only beaten them by 6. There is zero reason this game should have come down to the final play.

Everyone wants to say losing to Holy Cross was bad. At least they have players who are recruited and given scholarships. Yale is not on that level. Yet our team that has spent all of last season getting stronger and faster got pushed around and stuffed by these same players.

I know a win is a win but watching this game was just shocking....
Yale is better than Holy Cross. Though Ivys don't offer scholarship they still recruit high level athletes.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
No, I don't think they get the same high quality level players that a FBS school gets. Sure, the Ivies offer academic assistance or whatever they want to call it. However, the level of players we have in our program should have beat Yale easier than we did. Bottom line.

Reaction Score
No, I don't think they get the same high quality level players that a FBS school gets. Sure, the Ivies offer academic assistance or whatever they want to call it. However, the level of players we have in our program should have beat Yale easier than we did. Bottom line.
I don't know anything about which schools get what quality players, but I know if I had the chance to go to Yale for no cost out-of-pocket, I'm going. The only scenario in which I would choose another school is if I had NFL aspirations.

That being said, I can totally understand a 17-year-old from the south seeing things differently.

Reaction Score
I think most Yale undergrads get substantial financial assistance from Yale including athletes. Yale has also had players in NFL and CFL

Schools that don't give out athletic scholarships often give other assistance. My son ran D3, and got an annual $25K academic scholarship when they were recruiting him - had to keep a 3.2 to have it renew. Does he get that if he applies as a non-athlete? IDK.

Reaction Score
A lot of the players that Yale recruit also have FBS offers. Same goes for a lot of the ivies.

Reaction Score
Yeah, but they were funny. Current win streak Uconn-1, Alabama-0. Uconn defeats 27 time National Champion, and 41billion dollar endowment school Yale. That was another one. You have to give those tweeters credit for originality.
My gosh, hey Tweeters, move on...It was funny, but find another school...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom