We won!!!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

We won!!!!

Reaction Score
No

When you haven’t won in 2 years and your players are beaten down, then a win is a win is a win is a winIs a win.

Why can’t folks ever be happy with anything?

I’m happy for the players.
Because if they aren't crying and whining about everything...just not happy.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
Did you feel better with a last second loss against Vanderbilt? Or when we were 4 touchdown underdogs against Wyoming and we lost by 2 points at the end of the game??
Of course not. But we were up 21-0 in the third quarter and the game came down to the final play. We played not to lose in the second half and I put that entirely on the coach staff. The kids played hard and earned this win, and they should celebrate it.

Reaction Score
Gotta learn to crawl before you can walk.

Yes, the 2nd half they sucked, but they did just enough to get what they sorely needed - a win. Any win against anybody. Yes, it's Yale. FCS. It's still a win that these kids needed.

We could have won the Wyoming game too. And the Vanderbilt game. And if not for COVID keeping our coaches out maybe we don't lay an egg 2nd half against UMass.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda. They won today. 1-7. New coaching staff is coming. For now it's on to Middle Tennessee on Friday.

FFS, just try to be a little bit happy for one flippin' day that they finally got a win and stop feeding the misery threads.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I'm happy for these kids to finally win a game.

What blows my mind is that we have a roster full of FBS scholarship level players. Yale does not offer football scholarships. There is zero reason our O-Line should not have been man handling them and opening up holes all day long. There is zero reason we should have only beaten them by 6. There is zero reason this game should have come down to the final play.

Everyone wants to say losing to Holy Cross was bad. At least they have players who are recruited and given scholarships. Yale is not on that level. Yet our team that has spent all of last season getting stronger and faster got pushed around and stuffed by these same players.

I know a win is a win but watching this game was just shocking....

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Right after the game i was a little annoyed with how we won. After letting it settle, I'm just happy for the players to be able to enjoy the night with a win under their belt.

Reaction Score
Really, the Courant got the score wrong...Did the Courant reporter leave before the Yale TD?

Good job Huskies...Maybe we got the monkey off their back and win... Unbeaten in 2022? I'd love that but I think with the right coach, we might be at .500

At least I'm hopeful

Reaction Score
Did you feel that way when Kemba broke ankles to make the 3? It's a win. Not a loss.
Ugh.
We were up three scores and almost lost… Literally seconds away from losing to a 2-2 FCS Yale. It’s not on the players, definitely on the coaches, but that was a disappointing win. If you did cartwheels because we barely won good for you.

Reaction Score
I feel good for the young men. Hopefully some significant changes by a new staff can elevate their game and fill some holes. Not critiqueing the game because we have a long way to go. The season will boil down to any win we can get and we got one today.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
They played better against Wyoming, Vanderbilt and UMass (except for two gruesome plays against UMass), and ended up with losses in all 3 of those games. The win was definitely fun, even if Yale dropped a lot of 3 downs passes that would have resulted in first downs and almost came back from a 21 point second half deficit. A win is a win. Nice work by the Huskies.

DCT

Reaction Score
I'm happy for these kids to finally win a game.

What blows my mind is that we have a roster full of FBS scholarship level players. Yale does not offer football scholarships. There is zero reason our O-Line should not have been man handling them and opening up holes all day long. There is zero reason we should have only beaten them by 6. There is zero reason this game should have come down to the final play.

Everyone wants to say losing to Holy Cross was bad. At least they have players who are recruited and given scholarships. Yale is not on that level. Yet our team that has spent all of last season getting stronger and faster got pushed around and stuffed by these same players.

I know a win is a win but watching this game was just shocking....
I think most Yale undergrads get substantial financial assistance from Yale including athletes. Yale has also had players in NFL and CFL

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom