WBCA CO-Freshman of the Year

Reaction Score
4F4C1481-598B-4584-81F0-B7F1DA649715.jpeg

Congrats Paige!! ????

hopefully this doesn’t mean they were split on the POY voting as well

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

“Freshmen Paige Bueckers and Caitlin Clark thrilled college basketball fans throughout the 2020-21 season. Both exhibited the energy, enthusiasm, effort and effectiveness that are the hallmark pillars every coach hopes their first-year student-athletes will contribute to the team,” said WBCA Executive Director Danielle Donehew. “I am pleased to announce Paige and Caitlin as the co-winners of the WBCA NCAA Division I Freshman of the Year award presented by adidas. We look forward to watching these two phenomenal players for years to come.”

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Not Surprising. Caitlin Clark got a large amount of Publicity with her performances in the Big Ten tournament and of course in the NCAA Tournament. Caitlin has a great year being the leading NCAA Scoring Championship and also averaged over 6 assists per game. If the Big East and Big Ten tournament were held at the same time, perhaps Paige wins the Award by herself. I do think Co-Freshmen of the Year was correct.

It will be interesting to see if Caitlin makes the WBCA All American Team. I would be shocked if Paige doesn't make the team.

Reaction Score
Probably the right solution to award both amazing players!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I have no issue with that award. Congrats to both. Selfishly, I'd love to see Clark on my team. Thrilled she spurned ND. She's going to have a sensational career.

I find it odd, if both of them were equal as the best freshmen, and Paige is 1st team AA, IMHO Clark should be too. I've been advocating that for a while anyway. Boston and Howard should be bumped to 2nd team AA.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom