WBB Coaches salary - yikes | The Boneyard

WBB Coaches salary - yikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Linked is an article I saw on ESPN highlighting Jim Foster's salary at Chattanooga.

During the recent Romero threads regarding KState I happened to see Kamie Etheridge's Associate Head Coach contract, with a salary IIRC in the 120's; likewise around 2007 I remember seeing base salaries for the RU Associate Head Coach in the 120's or so and HOF'er Marianne Stanley who was an Assistant was slightly more , maybe 130's.

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-b...chattanooga-mocs-extend-deal-coach-jim-foster

I know it isn't a "major" program, but what do you think of the salary?

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Auriemma's compensation package will average just over 2 mil a year for the next 5 years. His salary and that of his associate and assistants will eat a very large part of the UConn WBB budget. IMO worth every cent.

Jim Foster is a HOF coach. Again., just my opinion but his salary seems to be pretty pathetic, at least when compared to elite programs. Another indication of the have and have not in wcbb?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Coaching salaries are very hard to judge because there are often compensations paid off of the schools wage in contracts with radio, TV, etc. or endorsement deals.

Reaction Score
Linked is an article I saw on ESPN highlighting Jim Foster's salary at Chattanooga.

During the recent Romero threads regarding KState I happened to see Kamie Etheridge's Associate Head Coach contract, with a salary IIRC in the 120's; likewise around 2007 I remember seeing base salaries for the RU Associate Head Coach in the 120's or so and HOF'er Marianne Stanley who was an Assistant was slightly more , maybe 130's.

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-b...chattanooga-mocs-extend-deal-coach-jim-foster

I know it isn't a "major" program, but what do you think of the salary?

If you were running a business (and WCBB is a business, just not a profitable business), would you
pay these coaches more ?

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
If you were running a business (and WCBB is a business, just not a profitable business), would you
pay these coaches more ?
I wouldn't pay corporate big shots whose companies lose money and run afoul of the law big bucks either, but they do.

Since virtually no WBB program generates a profit and a relative few generate a significant revenue stream I probably wouldn't have expected coaches salaries to get where they are. But there you have it - a lot of money is spent on WBB salaries and comparatively I would have thought a WBB HOF coach, with an excellent career record, at a program used to NCAA appearances and that does have a fan base, would command a higher salary - and I'm not talking Geno numbers, either.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Coaching salaries are very hard to judge because there are often compensations paid off of the schools wage in contracts with radio, TV, etc. or endorsement deals.
That's true, although often they are included in the number given.

Even Viv's recently ended Million Dollar a year contract included both "other guaranteed earnings" above and beyond the base for coaching, as well as the fact that much of the salary was paid by Nike and others, not the school. But those numbers were included in the reported figure. Likewise I assume in Geno's $2 Mil.

But I suppose that Chattanooga could be only reporting the base, but that wasn't what I would expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom