Way too early question: What are your expectations for next season? | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Way too early question: What are your expectations for next season?

Reaction Score
What does this even mean? It can't be true that you expect UConn to win every game unless you have some major cognitive disability. Assuming you don't have that, why make the claim? Maybe you have a different definition of "expect"? According to my definition, the team you expect to win is the team you name when someone says, "Name a team. You will be killed if that team doesn't win."
"expect
[ikˈspekt]

VERB

regard (something) as likely to happen."

Each of the games UConn plays in 2022 I'll go into it expecting to win (this is for the won't you be disappointed if you aim too high and UConn doesn't get there crowd). Win or lose I'll expect them to win the next game. That is why my comment "Karens can worry about yourselves. I can handle it if and when UConn loses a game in 2022."

Kind of bizzare comment at the end of your post. You have a pretty unusual definition of expect.

Reaction Score
"expect
[ikˈspekt]

VERB

regard (something) as likely to happen."

Each of the games UConn plays in 2022 I'll go into it expecting to win (this is for the won't you be disappointed if you aim too high and UConn doesn't get there crowd). Win or lose I'll expect them to win the next game. That is why my comment "Karens can worry about yourselves. I can handle it if and when UConn loses a game in 2022."

Kind of bizzare comment at the end of your post. You have a pretty unusual definition of expect.
I don't want to dwell on this, because it's inconsequential, but my hypothetical is equivalent to the dictionary definition you posted. If you were in a situation where your life depended on you picking the winner of UConn - Michigan next year, I think you would pick Michigan. If that's the case, then you don't "expect" UConn to win. If that's not the case, well, bless your heart.

Reaction Score
First I agree with the OP's title of, Way too early question. ;)

I hope that we won't be in the bottom 10 next year. It was funny at first, but not at the end...
Absolutely no attack, I know we all see things differently but for NOT one minute was being in the bottom 10 funny!
Bowl game, 6 wins
I love the prediction but what is the reality? We have no conference or bowl affiliation.
It will take more than 6 wins and even then we have to wonder what is it worth to play in the, Maruchan Ramen Noodle Bowl .
Then again that one might fill the student section. :D

Reaction Score
Does any one of you think Mora is doing all this for 2 or 3 wins in year 1? His expectation is higher.
Of course, his expectation is higher. The more success he has, the sooner he leaves for greener pastures. Coaching UConn football is about as far from a destination job as one can get. Money and a tradition of winning are powerful motivators.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Of course, his expectation is higher. The more success he has, the sooner he leaves for greener pastures. Coaching UConn football is about as far from a destination job as one can get. Money and a tradition of winning are powerful motivators.
UConn is the destination for many coaches. How long did Calhoun and Auriemma stay after creating their monsters? Jim Penders, Nancy Stevens. There is something about the University that coaches like to stay. Mora is 60- do you think he wants to get it back to respectable and move one? Makes no sense for someone in that age group. He wins here, he gets a statue.

Reaction Score
UConn is the destination for many coaches. How long did Calhoun and Auriemma stay after creating their monsters? Jim Penders, Nancy Stevens. There is something about the University that coaches like to stay. Mora is 60- do you think he wants to get it back to respectable and move one? Makes no sense for someone in that age group. He wins here, he gets a statue.
Mora stated in an interview his commitment and said he isn’t looking at it as a leave the greener pastures job. He said if he gives kids the belief he will be there he doesn’t want to betray it

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
He doesn't sound like a coach that chases the next job. He stayed at UCLA even when an opportunity presented itself at Washington....his Alma mater...because he said he made a commitment to his kids.

If he leaves UConn for another job, it will only be when UConn is stable and has a good transition plan.

I may be reading him wrong....but he isn't a kid or a tool like Petrino or Kiffin. I think he is here for the long haul.

Reaction Score
He doesn't sound like a coach that chases the next job. He stayed at UCLA even when an opportunity presented itself at Washington....his Alma mater...because he said he made a commitment to his kids.

If he leaves UConn for another job, it will only be when UConn is stable and has a good transition plan.

I may be reading him wrong....but he isn't a kid or a tool like Petrino or Kiffin. I think he is here for the long haul.
Well he has talked to basically everyone including the governor about the job and like I said before has spoken about this exact thing in his interviews

Reaction Score
Realistically... 4-8 record, only 2 losses over 2 Touchdowns.

Schedule is difficult, heck, I'm sick of arguing with people on twitter that their schedule this year was tough. Has a team ever had its opponents go a combined 8-0 in bowl games (plus a FCS playoff game victory, lol).

Offense should be vastly improved if whatever QB starts has some time to throw the ball or create with their feet. Defense actually concerns me with the losses they had. There won't be much depth and we will see a lot of Fresh/RS Soph on defense as usual. But I think 4-8 and competitive in 10 of 12 games is a major improvement.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom