Way too early NFL Mock Draft 2021 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Way too early NFL Mock Draft 2021

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Trask is the one guy I don't want in any round. Weak arm, as slow as Brady, and less mobile in the pocket. I'll be pissed if they take him. Defenses will blitz him every down.

Not sure what the Patriots will do in round 1 honestly. I feel pretty good guessing that it's QB, CB or OL. Aside from that it will depend on how the rest of the draft falls. They could move up, they could move back, they could stay at 15.

Jets will probably take Wilson, but for all we know it could be Fields. San Francisco is also an unknown. Reports are that there are divergent views on the QBs after Lawrence both among teams and within most teams. Today they reported that it's Lance or Jones, but Fields wouldn't surprise me. I think Atlanta takes Pitts. Cinci takes Chase or Sewell. Miami takes best WR left. That's when it gets interesting and trades become likely.
All the reporting says it's like 95% Jets are taking Wilson. I think the only dissention within the Jets around QB was whether they should keep Darnold. Now that Darnold is gone, they seem aligned on picking Wilson.

It's SF who seems undecided. It feels like Jones or Lance. Lance is a huge crapshoot...if SF gave up all that draft capital to draft Lance, that is ballsy.

I disagree on Trask....he finds ways to win. Maybe it was just compared to Franks, but Trask found a way to move the ball....he plays smart. Obviously not in the first round....but I can see him going in the second.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
All the reporting says it's like 95% Jets are taking Wilson. I think the only dissention within the Jets around QB was whether they should keep Darnold. Now that Darnold is gone, they seem aligned on picking Wilson.

It's SF who seems undecided. It feels like Jones or Lance. Lance is a huge crapshoot...if SF gave up all that draft capital to draft Lance, that is ballsy.

I disagree on Trask....he finds ways to win. Maybe it was just compared to Franks, but Trask found a way to move the ball....he plays smart. Obviously not in the first round....but I can see him going in the second.

Oh I agree on Wilson. It's SF, Denver, NE, WFT, Chicago, who knows how they are grading these guys. Everybody has to wait for SF then the dominoes can fall. I think SF was crazy to pay what they did to move to #3, no matter who they take.

As for Trask, if he went undrafted, I wouldn't sign him. Don't ever want another immobile QB. No thanks. I'd rather have Stidham. Belichick has been building this team around RPO, with dual TEs, solid RBs, and a very good OL. Any QB they draft has to be a threat to run and extend plays.

Reaction Score
Giants fan here. I go back and forth on what I want. Three likely options IMO

Stay where they are and take the best WR available - likely one of the two Alabama studs (probably Smith) - to pair up with Golladay.

Stay where they are or drop a few spots for the best Edge rusher on their board or Parsons

Stay where they are or drop a few spots to grab the best OL available.....the USC guard Vera-Tucker is supposed to be outstanding. Giants just went tackle last year with Thomas and Peart. Getting a top guard would be a big help for Jones and Barkley. If they can trade down to 13-15 and get a 3rd rounder for it, that would be great.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

Stay where they are and take the best WR available - likely one of the two Alabama studs (probably Smith) - to pair up with Golladay.

Stay where they are or drop a few spots for the best Edge rusher on their board or Parsons

Stay where they are or drop a few spots to grab the best OL available.....the USC guard Vera-Tucker is supposed to be outstanding. Giants just went tackle last year with Thomas and Peart. Getting a top guard would be a big help for Jones and Barkley. If they can trade down to 13-15 and get a 3rd rounder for it, that would be great.

giants are in a great spot to go bpa.

parsons would be nice. Waddle would be great.

Reaction Score
Do you think the Pats end up with:

a) A rookie QB or
b) Jimmy G in a draft day trade?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Do you think the Pats end up with:

a) A rookie QB or
b) Jimmy G in a draft day trade?

I don't think Jimmy G is coming back here. I know the chatter has been loud on that, mostly from Peter King. His contract isn't favorable and I don't think he's the answer, short term or long. I think Bill likes Cam and thinks Cam will improve from last year. So why bring in a veteran? To do what? It doesn't make sense to me. I think they draft a guy, whether in the 1st or on day 2. Stidham is in year 3 of his rookie deal now anyway.

Reaction Score
I don't think Jimmy G is coming back here. I know the chatter has been loud on that, mostly from Peter King. His contract isn't favorable and I don't think he's the answer, short term or long. I think Bill likes Cam and thinks Cam will improve from last year. So why bring in a veteran? To do what? It doesn't make sense to me. I think they draft a guy, whether in the 1st or on day 2. Stidham is in year 3 of his rookie deal now anyway.

There are enough Day 1 QB busts. Hard to think you're getting the next franchise guy on Day 2. More than likely, you're getting a younger version of Stidham.

the Q

Reaction Score
There are enough Day 1 QB busts. Hard to think you're getting the next franchise guy on Day 2. More than likely, you're getting a younger version of Stidham.

Yeah the concept of the day 2 qb is a little odd to me.

If you think he’s a franchise guy, or potentially one, he goes round 1. Otherwise it’s a developmental qb, who are more of day 3 choices.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

Sure, but the Patriots draft one every 3-4 years. It's a lottery ticket. Maybe he's a cheap backup, maybe he's a tradeable asset, maybe a starter. It does happen.

Anyway, Denver just traded with Carolina to acquire Bridgewater. My view that they would not draft a QB is looking more likely.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Sure, but the Patriots draft one every 3-4 years. It's a lottery ticket. Maybe he's a cheap backup, maybe he's a tradeable asset, maybe a starter. It does happen.

Anyway, Denver just traded with Carolina to acquire Bridgewater. My view that they would not draft a QB is looking more likely.
I still think if one of the top five QBs are there, they will take one.

Reaction Score
Anything after the first 2 picks is a complete mystery right now. Folks are saying you may not get a top QB outside of the top 8 picks potentially.

the Q

Reaction Score
Anything after the first 2 picks is a complete mystery right now. Folks are saying you may not get a top QB outside of the top 8 picks potentially.

Top 3 will be QBs.

Atlanta is a big wild card.

They could QB or trade out for someone else to take a QB.

Or take Pitts, chase or the stud tackle.

That pick will be a huge factor in how this draft shapes out

Reaction Score
Top 3 will be QBs.

Atlanta is a big wild card.

They could QB or trade out for someone else to take a QB.

Or take Pitts, chase or the stud tackle.

That pick will be a huge factor in how this draft shapes out
Right. I meant you know Lawrence and Wilson 1-2. SF will go QB but you don't know which one. From there anyone can do anything.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Right. I meant you know Lawrence and Wilson 1-2. SF will go QB but you don't know which one. From there anyone can do anything.
So you think Wilson is the right call for the Jets? Lots of people like Fields better. I like Wilson better...but I can see Fields appeal.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Or other people saying Mack Jones could fall outside the top 12. I've never had any particular interest in watching the draft, but I'll be tuning in tonight.

Reaction Score
Or other people saying Mack Jones could fall outside the top 12. I've never had any particular interest in watching the draft, but I'll be tuning in tonight.
And some project him #3 to SF.

Reaction Score
So you think Wilson is the right call for the Jets? Lots of people like Fields better. I like Wilson better...but I can see Fields appeal.
Yes. Jets OC LaFleur runs the same offense his brother does in GB and they compare Wilson's arm to Rodgers. He supposedly throws effortlessly with zing and touch. I'll admit, I have never seen him real time in a game though. I don't want college football.

Reaction Score

I'll be happy with any of the Bama WRs or Surtain/Horn. At least 1 and likely 2 should be there, so it should work out nice. Edge or OL don't interest me without a trade down and there's no use even considering that with Gettleman as GM

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom