Way too Early Look at Next Season | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Way too Early Look at Next Season

Reaction Score
Do you think the core 8 can win the national championship? Stanford and South Carolina will be mighty good.....
UConn will be preseason #1 and for good reason. They have the best player and coach in the country. Stanford, lost key people. They return a team good enough to get to the FF but are they better than the team that won this year? Tara winning back to back NC? good luck with that!
South Carolina is kind of where UConn was this year, they have a strong recruiting class coming in but will their freshman perform to the level that Paige/Aaliyah/Nika did for the Huskies this year? That will have to happen for them to beat this UConn team...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My current barometer for what I expect is (ordered basically by position (posts-point guards)):

Stars: CW, , PB
Great: ONO, AE, EW
Good: DJ, AG, NM
Potential: AD, MM, Caroline Ducharme, SP
Developmental: PG, AC
Recruits: AB, AP

Note: I think any player could jump a group ahead or behind a grouping this year.
Note: Least information on AD, Caroline Ducharme, , so they could maybe jump two spots over the course of the year.

In any case I expect that whoever makes the rotation by the end of the year will be playing great, and good probably will not cut it, or they will be pulled from the rotation or in the game.

I think that the top 6 have proven great, but could be replaced some games based on effectiveness and matchups.

I think the Good players all can add something that could be an x-factor in wins.

DJ: Open up the offense to create more opportunities for teammates, and be an inside-outside big that contributes offensively in big games.

AG: When she impacts a game she really impacts it. I think she might have been limited by a knee injury last year.

NM: Her on ball defense on the point guard can take the other team out of their offensive flow and really boost the transition offence. I hope her three point shot becomes consistent and that her health is dependable.

I think the disruption to organized high school basketball and lack of international experience will likely mean the freshmen are less likely to be ready for the college game then Anna, PB, AE and NM; who had lots of continuous high school and international experience before arrival.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
UConn will be preseason #1 and for good reason. They have the best player and coach in the country. Stanford, lost key people. They return a team good enough to get to the FF but are they better than the team that won this year? Tara winning back to back NC? good luck with that!
South Carolina is kind of where UConn was this year, they have a strong recruiting class coming in but will their freshman perform to the level that Paige/Aaliyah/Nika did for the Huskies this year? That will have to happen for them to beat this UConn team...

You don't think Saniya Rivers, Raven Johnson, and Sania Feagin can have the impact that, at the very least, Muhl had?

Reaction Score
You don't think Saniya Rivers, Raven Johnson, and Sania Feagin can have the impact that, at the very least, Muhl had?
Reading and comprehension is a lost art. Where did I say that they couldn't? what I said was they would need to and then some. You failed to mention the POY winner and Aaliyah Edwards and the freshman seasons they had. SoCarolina would need their freshman to have that kind of impact to beat this UConn team next season.

Reaction Score
Reading and comprehension is a lost art. Where did I say that they couldn't? what I said was they would need to and then some. You failed to mention the POY winner and Aaliyah Edwards and the freshman seasons they had. SoCarolina would need their freshman to have that kind of impact to beat this UConn team next season.
I dont think SC needs theirs Freshman to perform at that type of level to be successful. Maybe at the 3, AKA Beal's spot. If Feagin can stretch the floor ever so slightly for Boston, she will get minutes.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Not a lost art at all, jerk. The fact you don't understand those players are all at a higher level than Muhl says as much about your basketball IQ as your manners.

Reaction Score
Have to give respect to Stanford. Defending Champs. No one on UCONN has done anything in the Final Four yet. South Carolina also look like beasts. The rest of the field are also unproven.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Has anyone stopped to think that Chassion is at UCONN to become an effective Coach at the D I level?

One does not have to be the greatest player ever to be an outstanding coach....
The best players usually don't make the best coaches. The bench players get to listen to and observe the head coach with his discussions with his assistants about strategy in the most important times of a game. They get to listen to different scenarios, where as the player only gets to hear the final decision.

Reaction Score
The best players usually don't make the best coaches. The bench players get to listen to and observe the head coach with his discussions with his assistants about strategy in the most important times of a game. They get to listen to different scenarios, where as the player only gets to hear the final decision.
Did you think Bill Russell and Larry Bird were excellent coaches?....Tommy Heinsohn was also good, I think....these guys surprised me because I always thought guards ended up better coaches....

On the women's side: Dawn Staley is going great......Kim Mulkey was AA, won the NC, etc.....

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom