Way O.T. Mosquito Killer Screen Trap

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
flamethrower GIF

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
FWIW Adding a bat house to this seems like you’d be a nice companion. Bats eat a ton of mosquitoes.
Last year, a newly installed bat house appeared to attract zero bats. An old timer neighbor suggested it was added too late winter '19-'20, but I'm all for additional complementary squitter killers without all sorts of chemical warfare.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don't have a good spot for a bat house really. I understand they need sun at a certain time of day to warm up.

I think I'll try this mosquito death trap though. I usually spray at some point, but that's obviously a bad solution in many ways.

Reaction Score
I don't have a good spot for a bat house really. I understand they need sun at a certain time of day to warm up.
Yup, the linked info reports it's best to install bat houses 10' or higher, facing S/SE, ideally with 7 hours+ sunlight (to keep the house warm), and optimally near water (pond, stream, creek). Ours ticks all of the boxes until a back creek sometimes goes dry in Jul-Aug. Hopefully, some of many neighborhood bats recently camped out in our inviting house and go off on all sorts of tactical strategic squitter attacks with rising temps.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Last year, a newly installed bat house appeared to attract zero bats. An old timer neighbor suggested it was added too late winter '19-'20, but I'm all for additional complementary squitter killers without all sorts of chemical warfare.

I put up several bat houses. Got nothing. They love my attic though.

Reaction Score
I use Spartan mosquito traps. They work great. I have a little over an acre, and two seemed to do the job. I also live in a mosquito rich climate. These would work great in CT.

Reaction Score
Mosquito Joe’s service works quite well. It’s about $90/mo IIRC.

Our current house is near a marsh and small pond. If you opened the car door to get in the car there were 5-10 mosquitoes in the car by the time you closed the door. Literally life changing service for us.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I use Spartan mosquito traps. They work great. I have a little over an acre, and two seemed to do the job. I also live in a mosquito rich climate. These would work great in CT.
How long do the traps last before they need to be replaced?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom