Way early 2024 WNBA Mock Draft 3.0 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Way early 2024 WNBA Mock Draft 3.0

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
My post had nothing to do with skills and everything to do with the media's short attention span.
Your previous post is still up...so we can read that this post is clearly inaccurate.

Reaction Score
Apart from their actual value as players, Reese and Clark are the media stars of the moment. That's understandable after the tournament. As a result they are picked to be the top draft pick in a year. What the media totally ignores is that 2 years ago, despite great freshman seasons they were also-rans when Bueckers was playing and it was unanimous. The media agreed. Now the media changed their minds and refer to Clark's freshman stats as clear evidence of her superiority. Bueckers is a non-entity. Fudd is less than that. And I like it that way.
A year ago Edwards was a "disappointment". Now she is a projected top 10 draft pick. Things change. That' was my point. That's why it's called "way too early". :)

Reaction Score
Teams draft per need not per players “rank” Cardoso goes first if the team needs a big and so on....

Reaction Score
Hard to see when Paige will enter the draft with the covid year and a redshirt season, she is still a junior as Azzi - Will this be another one # 1 # 2 draft for UCONN if they enter in 2025 ?

Reaction Score
Hard to see when Paige will enter the draft with the covid year and a redshirt season, she is still a junior as Azzi - Will this be another one # 1 # 2 draft for UCONN if they enter in 2025 ?
I believe Paige will enter the draft if she has a good year. It would make sense to do so due to her injury history. If she stays another year it will not increase her draft stock and she runs the risk of getting injured an messing up her her first year in the WNBA. Smartest thing for her if she has an injury free productive year is to enter the draft.

Reaction Score
My guess is Paige will stay two years so she can play next to her bestie for two NC runs. It’s possible she’ll only stay one year if she leads a dominating run to an NC. But I think friendship wins out over career calculation. By the same token, she won’t take her Covid year because Azzi will be in the W by then.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Caitlin stays exactly as long as Paige does if only to measure herself against her and maybe get that elusive NC. She came up second in the NPOY to Paige once and her team stumbled as a sophomore while hobbled Paige carried UConn to an NC game. She finally won NPOY but Paige wasn’t in the competition. If healthy Paige comes roaring back and wins an NC and a second NPOY, it will be hard for Caitlin not to feel like there’s an asterisk next to her NPOY. No one else will think it, but she might.

Reaction Score
Don’t think anyone’s going before Clark in next year’s draft. If it were up to me. I’d definitely take Paige first.
The one thing Clark does better than Paige is stay healthy............Paige's midrange game is better than Clark's as is her overall shooting accuracy and driving ability.........if Paige can stay healthy for the remainder of her UConn career (hopefully two years) she should be the number one player drafted.....

Reaction Score
Teams draft per need not per players “rank” Cardoso goes first if the team needs a big and so on....
No they don't. Not when it comes to potential superstars. Cardoso has yet to show she is a superstar. You don't bypass superstars for "need."

You're misusing the word "rank" and equating that whther the player before si a superstar or not. Not all #1 picks and #2 picks each year are the same even though there is a ranking of `1,2 3 etc.

Reaction Score
The one thing Clark does better than Paige is stay healthy............Paige's midrange game is better than Clark's as is her overall shooting accuracy and driving ability.........if Paige can stay healthy for the remainder of her UConn career (hopefully two years) she should be the number one player drafted.....
I really don’t think Clark is staying another year after this season and I don’t think Paige will stay either. When players are injury prone they don’t like to risk getting hurt again when going pro is on the line. Of course NIL has a lot to do with both staying imo.

Reaction Score
I really don’t think Clark is staying another year after this season and I don’t think Paige will stay either. When players are injury prone they don’t like to risk getting hurt again when going pro is on the line. Of course NIL has a lot to do with both staying imo.
I'm not sure that Paige could earn anywhere near what she makes now if she goes pro..........I think what she does depends on her health and whether the team wins an NC next season............if she stays healthy and they win it all I could see her leaving otherwise maybe not....

Reaction Score
If Paige stays 2 more year in UConn, people will complain two #1 class players in the same school for 2 years is not healthy....:p

Reaction Score
Kamilla Cordosa will be the #1 pick in '24 IMO.
Not a chance! Clark will be the #1 pick unless she stays for a COVID year. However, Cordosa with average improvement next season and a lot more minutes will definitely go very high in the draft. Offensively she's almost unstoppable. I like Brink but you can't count on her not to get into foul trouble ... maybe not even make it into the 2nd half. But when she under control, she's special. I don't think Reese will be coming out next. I suppose it will depend on if LSU should win another NC. If so, she'll definitely stay for a chance for the 3peat.

Reaction Score
I would guess to say 50% of these kids on this list will not enter the draft next year

Cameron brink skill set at 6'4 6'5 will make her the hottest commodity of this group. Sitting right behind her would be Aliyah Edwards as far as the duo post/wing players . Caitlin Clark obvious number one only because Paige Bueckers injury.

Top 8
Caitlin Clark
Cameron Brink
Paige Bueckers
Kamilia Cardoso
Aliyah Edwards
Rickia Jackson
Angel Reese
Haley Vanlaith

Reaction Score
I would guess to say 50% of these kids on this list will not enter the draft next year

Cameron brink skill set at 6'4 6'5 will make her the hottest commodity of this group. Sitting right behind her would be Aliyah Edwards as far as the duo post/wing players . Caitlin Clark obvious number one only because Paige Bueckers injury.

Top 8
Caitlin Clark
Cameron Brink
Paige Bueckers
Kamilia Cardoso
Aliyah Edwards
Rickia Jackson
Angel Reese
Haley Vanlaith
Hailey VanLith will do almost nothing in the W and I wouldn't rank her that high. She is short, she is a streaky shooter, and she has 0 athleticism. She will have a very hard time in the W, IMO. I would rank someone like, say, Aubrey Griffin, ahead of Hailey Van Lith as a pro prospect.

A player who will DEFINITELY be in the top 8 is Charisma Osborne of UCLA.

Reaction Score
Hailey VanLith will do almost nothing in the W and I wouldn't rank her that high. She is short, she is a streaky shooter, and she has 0 athleticism. She will have a very hard time in the W, IMO. I would rank someone like, say, Aubrey Griffin, ahead of Hailey Van Lith as a pro prospect.

Your get no argument when you're right. Great call on both Aubrey and Charisma.

Reaction Score

A bit harsh on Van Lith, but in general agree. I say her being a streaky shooter is more good than bad. She is short and appears to be a bit slow to react on defense. It would be interesting and a good indicator of her pro potential to see her play against UConn and our defense.

Reaction Score
It's hard to rate where a player will be a year from now. A year ago Edwards came off what most thought was a mediocre season. I didn't but that is at issue. Edwards was known as a very hard worker
ever since HS. The jump she made into this past season was mostly in being more assertive and confident along with a reliable mid-range. I expect that she will take Juhasz's two or three 3pt shots a game. And polish her defense. And continue to get stronger.

I thought the problem in her sophomore season was twofold. She was given a much bigger role at both ends and she no longer had Bueckers dropping perfect passes in her hands for easy baskets. With Bueckers' expected return Edwards could have a huge statistical season.

But I still say Bueckers will go higher.
I agree with you on Paige making her better. I also think she could of did the same thing her sophomore year as what she did last season. The thing was she had guards who would not pass into the post because uconn would depend on outside shots. CW Evina and then you had Olivia taking 17 footers. AE had an opportunity to show what she's capable of and will only get better. She's definitely a Top 10 in my eyes but it's whatever a team needs

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom