Watch Dynamic Dorka | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Watch Dynamic Dorka

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
There are things on this highlight video that Liv has never shown us.
1. Soft hands, something not even a blind man could say about Liv
2. keeping the ball high after a rebound, put back or pass out
3. Going after a low ball, Liv is usually backing away
4. Court speed, well maybe a few times for Liz but not so much
I have been a supporter of Liv and continue to be one, I think that Liv will be the starter when UCONN next takes the court, doesn't mean she will get the bulk of minutes doesn't mean she won't. I hope that the player who gets the job done best gets the most pt, as it should be for all positions.

Reaction Score
I can see shades of Stewie there with her footwork near the basket and shades of Steph with her moving screen footwork...

Reaction Score
If she gets her foul shot fixed, she can do more things than ONO. What she can off the dribble is really significant. She will create havoc at the high post. Geno is, in my opinion, historically loyal to two, three year starters. I don't know what he is going to do but if it was strictly facts and not emotion, Dorka is better.
It’s a highlight video, so yeah she’s going to look like the most amazing player out there.
While I am very excited for Dorka to arrive, I am also very glad Liv is a Husky. Liv is a much better and more consistent passer.
Dorka in her 3 year career: 74 assist, 144 TO = 0.51 A/TO
Liv just this year: 87 assists, 57 TO = 1.53 A/TO, for her career: 201 assists, 168 TO = 1.20 A/TO.

And Ohio State offense was a lot of 5 out sets with no players in the paint which allowed for wide open lane access for cuts and drives, and also for easier offensive rebounding for someone crashing in from outside.

I like Dorka's game a lot, and I think she will provide a splendid variation to our rotations, but I think the shade being sent toward Liv is sour grapes after the loss - we never get to that game without her and the focus she took away from Chistyn and Paige, and the passes that she made and rebounds she secured and the defense she played on all the people that got passed our perimeter defenders.
THANK YOU! Well said. STOP WITH THE LIV HATE.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
It’s a highlight video, so yeah she’s going to look like the most amazing player out there.

I am from Ohio. I have seen her play a bunch both live and on TV. She is a marginal foul shooter, takes plays off defensively, loves shooting 3s (who doesn't), will probably struggle with the structure demanded at UConn that was not even close to being part of McGuff's regime and has not played in any of the pressure-packed games that ONO experienced. My opinion isn't based on the highlight video. She is flawed with some unknowns but I still stand by my original statement. Just comparing the two players with no personal feelings toward either, Dorka is a better player.

Reaction Score
If she gets her foul shot fixed, she can do more things than ONO. What she can off the dribble is really significant. She will create havoc at the high post. Geno is, in my opinion, historically loyal to two, three year starters. I don't know what he is going to do but if it was strictly facts and not emotion, Dorka is better.
historically loyal to two, three year starters
I been watching UConn for literal decades; I have never heard him say or hint that he's playing anyone out of loyalty. To the best of my knowledge, he has never even used the word to describe a player.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
I been watching UConn for literal decades; I have never heard him say or hint that he's playing anyone out of loyalty. To the best of my knowledge, he has never even used the word to describe a player.
Would you expect him to? He may not say anything about loyalty but he values (as all coaches do) the experience that players with three years in the program possess. He is fabulous with the press, a reporter's dream but he is not going to pidgeon-hole himself publicly. He is going to give ONO every chance imaginable to keep her starter status while telling everybody that will listen that he isn't sure who will start. As he should.

Reaction Score
But the proof is in the pudding so let's go to the videotape and find out if Geno has EVER benched a two-year starter in her senior year, EH?

Reaction Score

NO ONE HATES LIV. She's a great person. She's smart, articulate, hard-working, etc. And not a single UConn fan "hates" her. Criticize her? Of course, but not hate.
I've heard criticism too often conflated into the idea that it constitutes hate. It does not. There's a lot not to like about ONO's game; for many, she's been a disappointment. Last year she regressed. We've all hoped for an upside that may not exist.
We wish the best for our players and cut them all the slack we can. But we hate no one.

Reaction Score
NO ONE HATES LIV. She's a great person. She's smart, articulate, hard-working, etc. And not a single UConn fan "hates" her. Criticize her? Of course, but not hate.
I've heard criticism too often conflated into the idea that it constitutes hate. It does not. There's a lot not to like about ONO's game; for many, she's been a disappointment. Last year she regressed. We've all hoped for an upside that may not exist.
We wish the best for our players and cut them all the slack we can. But we hate no one.
Yeah I agree there’s a difference between criticism and hate and the line gets crossed often here. And I’m not saying anyone hates Liv I’m saying there’s hate getting thrown her way, so I think that was misinterpreted.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Yeah I agree there’s a difference between criticism and hate and the line gets crossed often here. And I’m not saying anyone hates Liv I’m saying there’s hate getting thrown her way, so I think that was misinterpreted.
Criticism is not hate, using facts is not hate. Just because someone has a different opinion then yours it does not construe hate. Geno did state that Liv has area's that she needs to improve for her to enjoy her senior year.

Reaction Score
Criticism is not hate, using facts is not hate. Just because someone has a different opinion then yours it does not construe hate. Geno did state that Liv has area's that she needs to improve for her to enjoy her senior year.
Again I’m not saying criticism is hate, I’ve made that pretty clear as stated above. And again everyone is entitled to their opinion I’ve stated that also in many of my posts. Opinions can still be hateful? And yep read the article thanks.

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Liv's stat from last season is almost across the board better than Dorka. Dorka is a good player but so is Liv despite what some people like to say otherwise. As I said in another thread, if you are going to judge someone just by highlights video, go look at Liv's as well.
Liv is surrounded by players far superior to those at OSU

Reaction Score
Liv's stat from last season is almost across the board better than Dorka. Dorka is a good player but so is Liv despite what some people like to say otherwise. As I said in another thread, if you are going to judge someone just by highlights video, go look at Liv's as well.
Everyone looks like the second coming of MJ in their highlight videos. lol

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
He back benched Paige Sauer in her last year after she had played a much bigger role the few seasons before. Did the same for her classmate and fellow Okie Stacy Hansmeyer although she hadn’t seen as much action as Sauer.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Liv is surrounded by players far superior to those at OSU
Liv just doesn’t finish at the rim against a lot of good teams. Other parts of her game are good to very good. But her lack of O against AZ hurt a lot. She was chunking layups against smaller players. Don’t know if she gets nervous and rushes or what.

Reaction Score
In today's society disagreement is considered an attack. Sad really.

Reaction Score
In today's article about Juhasz, Hearst's Doug Bonjour reveals that Coach Geno and the UConn staff actively and aggressively pursued Juhasz for weeks as soon as she entered the transfer portal. That all-out attempt to land her seems to constitute a major vote of "no confidence" in ONO.

Coach Geno has never been a big fan of transfers, and with 13 scholarship athletes already on the roster, including the returning future All American, Edwards, plus ONO, plus a highly rated incoming big in DeBerry, not to mention a 6'5" Piath Gabriel, and two 6'+ forwards, it would have seemed that the front court was crowded already. What he lacked was a back-to-the-basket-capable post player in whom he had confidence. So this seems like a direct challenge to ONO's playing time in post. Indeed, not only can Juhasz play down low, she can also shoot reliably from the outside, a capability that ONO lacks.

As others have pointed out, it is highly unlikely that she would have chosen UConn if Coach Geno had told her that ONO was his starting center who is likely to play the large majority of minutes in post. More likely, Coach Geno signaled to Juhasz that he needs serious help in the post, and that he would not be sitting her on the bench the next two years if she comes.

We can debate ONO's relative skills and weaknesses, but Coach Geno's recruitment of Juhasz speaks volumes about how he sees his lineup.

Reaction Score
He back benched Paige Sauer in her last year after she had played a much bigger role the few seasons before. Did the same for her classmate and fellow Okie Stacy Hansmeyer although she hadn’t seen as much action as Sauer.
Paige also was hurt.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Paige also was hurt.
Geno also had Kelly Schumacher who I think was two years behind Paige and was a definite reason why Paige saw a lot less time. He doesn’t mind choosing a newer player over a vet who played a lot. Not saying that will happen with ONO.

Reaction Score
1618409896261.png

Reaction Score
There are things on this highlight video that Liv has never shown us.
1. Soft hands, something not even a blind man could say about Liv
2. keeping the ball high after a rebound, put back or pass out
3. Going after a low ball, Liv is usually backing away
4. Court speed, well maybe a few times for Liz but not so much
I have been a supporter of Liv and continue to be one, I think that Liv will be the starter when UCONN next takes the court, doesn't mean she will get the bulk of minutes doesn't mean she won't. I hope that the player who gets the job done best gets the most pt, as it should be for all positions.
I don’t think Liv can dribble behind the back either. Dorka looks like Stewie-lite to my eyes. She was also an all-Big 10 selection both as a sophomore and Junior. All of those 10 players would start on every team in college basketball; she won’t be the exception.

Reaction Score
But the proof is in the pudding so let's go to the videotape and find out if Geno has EVER benched a two-year starter in her senior year, EH?
He benched Stewie (during one of the match-ups with SMU I believe?) her Senior year, so yes. If he will bench Stewie her Senior year, he will literally bench anyone, even Paige. If Fudd plays a game like a dud, he will bench her like a stick in the mud.

Reaction Score
He benched Stewie (during one of the match-ups with SMU I believe?) her Senior year, so yes. If he will bench Stewie her Senior year, he will literally bench anyone, even Paige. If Fudd plays a game like a dud, he will bench her like a stick in the mud.
If Fudd plays a game like a dud, he will bench her like a stick in the mud.
No dud or mud for Fudd. Just Paige redux.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom