Watch Dynamic Dorka | The Boneyard

Watch Dynamic Dorka

Reaction Score
Extremely pleased to find extensive collection of videos of Dorka J. on YouTube. She appears to be everything you'd want in a combo center/forward. I was struck by her quickness, her toughness, the variety of her shots, her rebounding. She is a real dynamo--non-stop.
I don't want to disparage Liv, but this young woman can do more than Liv can aspire to do. To say I'm very excited is an understatement. Dorka can remake the interior of our team.
Here's one: . There are more . . .

Reaction Score
And BYers can also watch the UConn/Ohio State game replays that are on the uconnhuskygames site. 2018-2019 and 2019-2020 seasons. Dorka played in both.
If you can't beat 'em join them......

Reaction Score
My two take aways from this highlight video:
1. Dorka can play
2. I like Weird Al’s version better than Nirvana’s

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
If she gets her foul shot fixed, she can do more things than ONO. What she can off the dribble is really significant. She will create havoc at the high post. Geno is, in my opinion, historically loyal to two, three year starters. I don't know what he is going to do but if it was strictly facts and not emotion, Dorka is better.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
While I am very excited for Dorka to arrive, I am also very glad Liv is a Husky. Liv is a much better and more consistent passer.
Dorka in her 3 year career: 74 assist, 144 TO = 0.51 A/TO
Liv just this year: 87 assists, 57 TO = 1.53 A/TO, for her career: 201 assists, 168 TO = 1.20 A/TO.

And Ohio State offense was a lot of 5 out sets with no players in the paint which allowed for wide open lane access for cuts and drives, and also for easier offensive rebounding for someone crashing in from outside.

I like Dorka's game a lot, and I think she will provide a splendid variation to our rotations, but I think the shade being sent toward Liv is sour grapes after the loss - we never get to that game without her and the focus she took away from Chistyn and Paige, and the passes that she made and rebounds she secured and the defense she played on all the people that got passed our perimeter defenders.

Reaction Score
While I am very excited for Dorka to arrive, I am also very glad Liv is a Husky. Liv is a much better and more consistent passer.
Liv just this year: 87 assists, 57 TO = 1.53 A/TO, for her career: 201 assists, 168 TO = 1.20 A/TO.

And Ohio State offense was a lot of 5 out sets with no players in the paint which allowed for wide open lane access for cuts and drives, and also for easier offensive rebounding for someone crashing in from outside.

I like Dorka's game a lot, and I think she will provide a splendid variation to our rotations, but I think the shade being sent toward Liv is sour grapes after the loss - we never get to that game without her and the focus she took away from Chistyn and Paige, and the passes that she made and rebounds she secured and the defense she played on all the people that got passed our perimeter defenders.

Liv's stat from last season is almost across the board better than Dorka. Dorka is a good player but so is Liv despite what some people like to say otherwise. As I said in another thread, if you are going to judge someone just by highlights video, go look at Liv's as well.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score

I'm sorry, but when you go 0 for 7 in lay ups and has yet learned how to shoot the ball instead of pushing the ball near the basket, like she has since coming to UConn, she is more of a hindrance on offense then Dorka. Geno has stated that Liv is going to have to up her game next year, not just because of AE but also because of the addition of DJ.

Reaction Score
2 things i like from this highlight:
a. She seems to have a real nice handle for someone that big
b. if she gets the ball close to the basket she goes up without taking additional dribbles (which is one of the reasons Liv is getting blocked).
I do think that Liv is a better player (better defense and better passer) but Dorka brings some elements which UConn is missing right now.

Reaction Score

Now you're talking :)

Reaction Score
Liv's stat from last season is almost across the board better than Dorka. Dorka is a good player but so is Liv despite what some people like to say otherwise. As I said in another thread, if you are going to judge someone just by highlights video, go look at Liv's as well.
Your last line says it all. I’ve always said Liv is a good player, but stats are deceptive and overrated. Teams that don’t make the final four are littered with players that have good stats. But would they help UCONN? I await with great anticipation the competition between the UConn bigs. They will get the time they earn.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I'm sorry, but when you go 0 for 7 in lay ups and has yet learned how to shoot the ball instead of pushing the ball near the basket, like she has since coming to UConn, she is more of a hindrance on offense then Dorka. Geno has stated that Liv is going to have to up her game next year, not just because of AE but also because of the addition of DJ.
Geno has said that about Paige and Liv and Maya and Tina and DT and .... not to mention his various worst post players in america, and can't jump higher than a piece of paper, or got as many rebounds as a dead man, or can't guard a chair players through the years. It is motivation and he doesn't do that with the players he doesn't think can and will work hard to prove he is full of c__p.

If you take him seriously, you wonder how he ever gets his teams above .500 each year. So, Liv played a crap game against AZ, so did most of the rest of the team - Uconn's vaunted defense? gave up 69 points to a team averaging 66.

Reaction Score
Your last line says it all. I’ve always said Liv is a good player, but stats are deceptive and overrated. Teams that don’t make the final four are littered with players that have good stats. But would they help UCONN? I await with great anticipation the competition between the UConn bigs. They will get the time they earn.

I fully agree. I was just trying to point out how people are overly excited looking at highlight video of Dorka and pretty much dismiss Liv when if you look at Liv's highlight video, she looks pretty good as well :)

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Geno has said that about Paige and Liv and Maya and Tina and DT and .... not to mention his various worst post players in america, and can't jump higher than a piece of paper, or got as many rebounds as a dead man, or can't guard a chair players through the years. It is motivation and he doesn't do that with the players he doesn't think can and will work hard to prove he is full of c__p.

If you take him seriously, you wonder how he ever gets his teams above .500 each year. So, Liv played a crap game against AZ, so did most of the rest of the team - Uconn's vaunted defense? gave up 69 points to a team averaging 66.
No she had 3 c__p games, the Sweet Sixteen she had 4 points, Elite Eight 3 points, and the FF 1 point. She averaged less than 3 points a game, 8.3 rebounds a game, 3.9 assists per game, 1 steal per game, 2 blocks per game, 2.3 turnovers and fouls per game. She should be averaging a double double as a junior center and also be able to make bunnies with no problem, but she didn't against 3 P5 schools in the tournament. She had only 2 above average scoring games in the NCAA Tournament and that was against inferior competition, 22 against High Point and 17 against Syracuse, other than that she tanked. Geno praised AE after the Tournament while at the same time stated that Liv has some soul searching to do and needs to improve her senior year.

Reaction Score
If she gets her foul shot fixed, she can do more things than ONO. What she can off the dribble is really significant. She will create havoc at the high post. Geno is, in my opinion, historically loyal to two, three year starters. I don't know what he is going to do but if it was strictly facts and not emotion, Dorka is better.
Exactly my conclusion. It's crazy to talk about replacing Ono, but I'm thinking Oyes. Picture Dorka and Aaliyah together: makes me woozy. I'm even thinking about Caroline replacing Christyn . . . All that length in the middle with Slim and Azzi bringing it up--the sheer firepower. Wow.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
My post sounds critical of ONO. It was not. Just because I think Dorka is better does not mean that ONO won't have an important role next year and that she brings things to the table that Dorka does not possess. Will she accept 15-20 minutes a game? Will Geno give her that many or more? Nobody knows for sure. I think Geno is facing unusual choices.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
Has anyone compared their stats when it comes to blocks? I think that is a pretty big deal for a post player. And I almost forgot, Liv is the BE Co-Defensive Player of the Year so I am guessing that she will be in the starting lineup.

Reaction Score
I fully agree. I was just trying to point out how people are overly excited looking at highlight video of Dorka and pretty much dismiss Liv when if you look at Liv's highlight video, she looks pretty good as well :)
Yesss...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom