Who will win this game?

• Washington St

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Where's my u-Dub colleague, @nwhoopfan ? I need the game banter....

WSU is off to a good start especially considering this is their first game of the year.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Where's my u-Dub colleague, @nwhoopfan ? I need the game banter....

WSU is off to a good start especially considering this is their first game of the year.

Luckily I'm not watching. It looks like the Huskies are laying a turd. I could give up on this team pretty quick.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
32-15 Cougs approaching halftime. When can UW start looking for a new coach?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
37-16 at the half. 21% shooting. Just when I think it can't get any worse, it does.

I have to ask again, how bad is Cal? UW beat them by about 30.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Umm, I did start watching this from the beginning and the two announcers on this game were gushing about the job Jody Wynn has been doing with this program by improving the wins from each year... This game has been a mismatch which I found very surprising as I said above, this is WSUs first game. Still think that WSU is 8th or 9th in this league. BTW Utah is losing at home against Montana State (lots of fans in the Utes stands:confused:)

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
the two announcers on this game were gushing about the job Jody Wynn has been doing with this program by improving the wins from each year...

7 to 11 to 13 (or 1 to 2 to 5 in conference)...that's setting the bar really low to be excited about the "improvement"

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
7 to 11 to 13 (or 1 to 2 to 5 in conference)...that's setting the bar really low to be excited about the "improvement"
Hey, don't shoot the messenger, I am just merely relating the comments :rolleyes:. With the score 49-29, these buffoons are "loving the energy" that this UW team is bringing to get them back in the game, lots of time left (2:02 in the 3rd Qtr) :confused:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Hey, don't shoot the messenger, I am just merely relating the comments :rolleyes:. With the score 49-29, these buffoons are "loving the energy" that this UW team is bringing to get them back in the game, lots of time left (2:02 in the 3rd Qtr) :confused:

No harmful intent directed toward you. I was mocking the message you passed along. Wow am I glad I'm not watching/listening. "Loving the energy" as they're getting blown out at home by a bad team?

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
BTW, who are these two women announcing??? I might actually prefer Joan Bonvicini of AZ....:confused:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
BTW, who are these two women announcing??? I might actually prefer Joan Bonvicini of AZ....:confused:

Now you've got me curious. You don't seem to be loving the commentators on Pac 12 Network. :rolleyes:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Huskies making the final score sorta respectable, but I'm not falling for it. This loss is a disaster. Wow, quick 6-0 burst has it down to 60-52, but they're about out of time.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Luckily I'm not watching. It looks like the Huskies are laying a turd. I could give up on this team pretty quick.
But your moniker, "nwhoopfan" would suggest that you should also support the Washington State Cougars of Pullman, state of Washington, no?

This should have been one of those win-win situations for a fan of Northwest hoops :)

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
But you're moniker, "nwhoopfan" would suggest that you should also support the Washington State Cougars of Pullman, state of Washington, no?

This should have been one of those win-win situations for a fan of Northwest hoops :)

I don't necessarily dislike the Cougs, but I'm fairly indifferent to them. You have to understand though that for UW losing to WSU is pretty much the worst possible thing that could happen, in any sport.

Reaction Score
I don't necessarily dislike the Cougs, but I'm fairly indifferent to them. You have to understand though that for UW losing to WSU is pretty much the worst possible thing that could happen, in any sport.

I dunno, that Washington loss to Stanford in NCAAF was fairly brutal. It's a shame you don't get to play Wazzu this year to lift your spirits.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I don't get the game, but the list above says Anne Schatz, who is NW based and works for the PAC12 network that I don't get. But she used to work for CBSSN (IIRC) and did a few old BE tourney games, in fact we met her (in passing) after one of the games. During the time she was on stations I did receive, she was actually one of our favorites. Entertaining.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
I don't get the game, but the list above says Anne Schatz, who is NW based and works for the PAC12 network that I don't get. But she used to work for CBSSN (IIRC) and did a few old BE tourney games, in fact we met her (in passing) after one of the games. During the time she was on stations I did receive, she was actually one of our favorites. Entertaining.
Too much of a homer for UW. UW was terrible this game and yet she and the other women were touting how UW is showing grit, determination and will be good this year...

Now, through my own misunderstanding over these past two years, I kept thinking the @nwhoopfan was a fan of BOTH teams, so I actually developed an eye on both teams schedule and watch both when I can and am actually interested in the Cougars, much to NW chagrin. So, I was getting a bit irritated listening to the 1st half which was thoroughly dominated by WSU, 37-16 but when UW would score, it was like this ..."that is a GREAT PLAY by Hailey Van Dyke on both ends of the floor! cutting into the Cougars lead!" meanwhile the score was 30-15. That happened far too often, keep in mind the score at the start of the 4th was 52-36 and was 15 point lead of 60-45 with 2 min left in the game so when their enthusiasm was pumping talking of a comback still, I was :confused:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I happen to really like Ann Schatz on the call. But I can see how others may find her style too quirky.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom