Washington St @ Arizona St - 2/14/21 | The Boneyard

Washington St @ Arizona St - 2/14/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Both teams are probably a bit grumpy after their last game. Both teams are physical and get after you on defense. I predict this will be an ugly slugfest, not really going out on a limb with that one.

Reaction Score
Looking at Washington State to have a good game and get the W

Reaction Score
Both teams are probably a bit grumpy after their last game. Both teams are physical and get after you on defense. I predict this will be an ugly slugfest, not really going out on a limb with that one.
I agree completely both teams will be grumpy. I'm hoping for an ugly slugfest even then I think ASU will have a major challenge. The Washington game showed the impact on a young team that can't practice. Freshman Jaddan Simmons who's going to be a good one was o for nine from the field. The Devils have no reliable offense. They rely very heavily on Taya Hanson who has had a number of games where she's been able to rise to the challenge, including a game earlier in the year when she tied the school record for most made threes in a game with seven which is now shared with four other players including former Husky Courtney Ekmark.

I think ASU s going to be good down the road because all their freshman bigs do you seem to have potential. It's just that they are so over-matched and failure to practice compounds the problem.

Both Levings and Besselink have great movement. Within the Sun Devil program CTT really can help develop these bigs. Both of those posts are going to need to spend a lot of time in the weight room in the off season.

In a real oddity NAU lumberjacks will be playing simultaneously with ASU as their Saturday game was postponed today to 1:00 p.m. due to weather. I guess those Portland folks just aren't used to a little precipitation. Therefore I'll be on sensory overload watching the Lumberjacks on Pluto TV (I hope) while listening to Jeff Munn make the call ASU on radio.

Finally as I'm rambling this morning I wanted to share a three-point call I have never heard before I believe it was the Utah Valley game.

After a made three he declared "there's a shot from the home of the three in the land of the points."

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
15-12 Cougs nearing end of Q1. That's a bit more scoring than I expected.

Reaction Score
Stunning turnaround. I wonder what CTT said to the team. Also wonder what has happened to Eboni Walker. After a great freshman year and a strong start to the season she has vanished.

edit - just as I say that, Walker ends the Devil's first half scoring with an athletic drive.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
32-27 ASU at the half. Really balanced scoring for the Devils. For WSU suddenly Motuga has taken over from Krystal as the 2nd scorer. She has 10, Charlisse has 13.

Reaction Score
Wow . . . after two single digit quarters against the Dawgs, Devils on a 9-0 third quarter run to take a 12 point lead. Included within the run is a T onCoughead coach who was throwing a fit and demanding to be T-ed up.

edit 13 point run

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
ASU up 16 now. WSU in danger of being on a 3 game losing streak after their big win against UCLA. That loss at home a week ago to USC was a killer for them.

Reaction Score
Dawgs run ASU style offense in the third quarter to score 9 as ASU widens lead to 51 - 36. With the kittie win over the Dawgs and Lumberjack half time lead, early Sunday has been good to Arizona.

Hope ASU can keep the New Zealanders in check and the Jacks can continue the trend to break the 11 game winning streak over NAU.

Reaction Score
Cougs making their move as Leger Walker is up to 22 and Cougs narrowing lead to 12.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Charlisse and Motuga have combined for 35 of the Cougs 41 points. Usually not a winning formula.

Reaction Score
Cougs narrow lead to 9 at the 5 minute mark in a game that is REALLY physical. Cougs are clawing like junk yard dawgs. Cougs are panting like St. Bernards as they mug the Devils.

Reaction Score
Teder playing like a mad dog bails ASU out with her 5th foul.

Reaction Score
Iris picks up a foul fighting off attacking dawgs and Cougs in the bonus the rest of the way.

Reaction Score
CTT calls a time out with under 3 remaining and after the offensive set will lay out a strategy to cage the dawgs.

Reaction Score
57-51 less than 2 minutes and then the Devils turn the ball over. And Cougs Walker hits 3 FT after being fouled on a three point attempt. 3 point game.

Reaction Score
Cougs need to dig deep trailing by 7 and under 30 seconds remaining.

edit - Eboni Walker hits two free throws to extend the lead to 9. But we all remember the Cougs miracle against the kitties.

edit - Devils hitting their freebies and lead by 8 with 19 seconds left. Is there a 1980 miracle on the Coug's leash.

edit - Simmons hits 2 freebies and the lead is still 7 with 11 seconds remaining. Do the Cougs have the miracle in them?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
GREAT win for the Devils after a crushing loss to the Dawgs. ASU outrebounds WSU 42 -24 with 14 offensive rebounds.

Reaction Score
The 67 points scored by the Sun Devils yesterday afternoon are the most points they scored all season. A wonderful win it is a glimpse into the potential of this very young team.

CTT will lose only one senior with another good recruiting class. Freshman Jaddan Simmons is developing into a more than capable point guard.

Sophomore Eboni Walker showed flashes of the potential she demonstrated her freshman year and during the first 6 weeks of this season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom