Washington DC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Washington DC

Reaction Score
Portrait Gallery is always cool. Hit up Old Ebbit Grill too. Hamilton is nice too. Off the Record is a place to go see all the DC politicians roll in. Great coasters there. Ihave always said the Holocaust Museum is the best museum in DC but that is a taxing experience but well worth it. I am close to 5 years removed from Arl/Alex for 15 years so I am sure things have changed ut these spots likely have not. Enjoy your time there and Let's Go Caps!!!

Reaction Score
If you want to get a little slice of CT in the NCR, check out the new Colony Grill location (original location in Stamford, CT) in the Clarendon area of Arlington, VA, just over the bridge and easily accessible from the DC metro train. Lot of CT folks hang out there (met a few when I have been there) and I plan on watching games there this fall. There are 15-20 bars and restaurants within walking distance of the Grill, and on the right night, that’s where the best looking girls in your age range (25-25) will be.

One of the bartenders at Colony in Arlington is a Connecticut transplant huge Husky fan, both basketball and football. He will be behind the bar Saturday until 4:30, and said that he will make sure the UConn game is on multiple televisions.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
One of the bartenders at Colony in Arlington is a Connecticut transplant huge Husky fan, both basketball and football. He will be behind the bar Saturday until 4:30, and said that he will make sure the UConn game is on multiple televisions.
Have him do us a favor...if we fall too far behind, take the game off :).

Reaction Score
Got back late last night from a 4 day school chaperoning trip to DC, my first visit since I was in middle school in the late 90s.

I’d be happy to recommend a variety of places, but I was most excited to not only visit Ben’s Chili House but also meet and talk with the current owners. They were super cool, were great with the kids and they asked us to take a photo with them outside the restaurant.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Got back late last night from a 4 day school chaperoning trip to DC, my first visit since I was in middle school in the late 90s.

I’d be happy to recommend a variety of places, but I was most excited to not only visit Ben’s Chili House but also meet and talk with the current owners. They were super cool, were great with the kids and they asked us to take a photo with them outside the restaurant.
Thanks for this. We were in DC visiting our daughter this weekend and I saw this post on Saturday as we were trying to decide what to do for lunch. I had meant to get to Ben's last time we were in DC, around ten years ago, but didn't make it, so I was happy to get there this time. Loved the half-smoke with chili.

Reaction Score
Thanks for this. We were in DC visiting our daughter this weekend and I saw this post on Saturday as we were trying to decide what to do for lunch. I had meant to get to Ben's last time we were in DC, around ten years ago, but didn't make it, so I was happy to get there this time. Loved the half-smoke with chili.
Which location? Our group was too big for the original location on U street (we walked by it though), but we met the owners at the H street location (which they said is actually the better location).

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Which location? Our group was too big for the original location on U street (we walked by it though), but we met the owners at the H street location (which they said is actually the better location).
We did the original location on U Street, which was good for us because we walked to Adams Morgan from there afterwards.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Heading up towards DC over the summer for work. Normally I fly in to Reagan on an early afternoon flight, get in rental car and get to work location directly.
Thanks to the craziness of airlines and cancellations/delays I'm taking a sunrise flight and should be in Reagan mid-morning. That should give me late morning and most of the afternoon on a Sunday to actually step foot in DC.

So, Sunday afternoon, middle of summer, 6 hours. Plan is to park rental car in a garage and go by foot. What are some good options?

Reaction Score
Since it's the middle of the summer, museums are the way to go.

The National Museum of African American History and Culture is amazing. I recommend starting in the basement (where the exhibits chronicle the struggle past and present of the African American Experience) and then work your way up where the top floors celebrate the cultural contributions of African Americans (sports, music, politics, art, etc). The basement is really the only "must visit" floor in the museum (the Trayvon Martin exhibit hit hard, but was curated excellently), as it's a massive museum and would take hours to see everything. It's also in a good location on the mall too, close to Washington Monument and the White House, so it could be a good hot weather respite in the middle of the day.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Since it's the middle of the summer, museums are the way to go.

The National Museum of African American History and Culture is amazing. I recommend starting in the basement (where the exhibits chronicle the struggle past and present of the African American Experience) and then work your way up where the top floors celebrate the cultural contributions of African Americans (sports, music, politics, art, etc). The basement is really the only "must visit" floor in the museum (the Trayvon Martin exhibit hit hard, but was curated excellently), as it's a massive museum and would take hours to see everything. It's also in a good location on the mall too, close to Washington Monument and the White House, so it could be a good hot weather respite in the middle of the day.
Spy Museum. Ethiopian food.

I think the game plan is to park near the National Mall and walk and see as much as possible.

When I was like 3 or 4 years old my parents took me to DC. That would have been Ford or Carter.

I'd like to see as many of the federal buildings and see what people are doing outside.

If heat gets too much, I'll dive inside to see some history.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
On the way to DC today. Can anyone recommend a sightseeing/bus tour? FIL is over 70, was hoping to do something that would provide narration and hit all the major sites.

Reaction Score
On the way to DC today. Can anyone recommend a sightseeing/bus tour? FIL is over 70, was hoping to do something that would provide narration and hit all the major sites.

Missed this post earlier today but…

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom