Wanda Vision | The Boneyard

Wanda Vision

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
WandaVision is cleverly named, on Disney+. For anybody who doesn’t know it’s built in the Marvel Cinematic universe and features Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda (Scarlett Witch) and Paul Betany as Vision. These are releasing weekly on Friday as was the case with The Mandalorian. They are 4 episodes in now, so I thought I’d share impressions. Episode 1 is in black and white and features Wanda and Vision, newly married and living in suburbia of the early 1960s. The house set is based on the Dick Van Dyke show. It borrows heavily from TV sitcoms of that era. Episode 2 jumps to the early 70s and is clearly patterned on Bewitched. Note that time is linear, the setting, clothes and cars change, but no significant time passes from one episode to the next. Episode 3 lands in color and it’s Brady Bunch inspired. Note that the intro to the show uses similar intros to these old shows, including the fonts, etc. Quite cleverly done. Episode 4 changes things dramatically too many spoilers to mention it.

If you watch this and find the humor forced and don’t love episode 1, keep watching anyway. It’s an interesting show.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I like the "commercial" built in to each episode. Those are cleverly done.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I like the "commercial" built in to each episode. Those are cleverly done.

That and the attempts to recreate the sets, and the intros of the old shows. Last week was Family Ties. They even have nods to things that happened, like Meredith Baxter Birney getting pregnant, and the baby suddenly becoming like 5 years old. This week should jump to the 90s.

Reaction Score
I've watched all 6 episodes intently and if you asked me to explain what was going on I definitely could not.

Entertaining puzzle wrapped in an enigma.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom