OT: Volleyball playoffs | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Volleyball playoffs

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Anna Smrek blew me away last night. It's unfortunate not much is known about her here in Canada. The Welland ON area has a lot of great talent when you think of her and Emma Koabel heading to Duke in 2022.

Women's volleyball is woefully behind in getting any recognition in this country even though many have been earning scholarships to play in the NCAA.
Smrek was unreal. 20 kills hitting over .700 is undoubtedly one of the best statistical performances in Final Four history. She also tore up Nebraska earlier this year. Shes going to be great.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I would have preferred a PAC 12 team, but that ship sure sailed this year. So B1G was my second choice.

I tend to root for Nebraska in Volleyball. I like Cook as a coach.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Maybe I'm wrong but while I firmly believed Nebraska could've beaten Pitt and Texas, I think their run comes to an end today.

Wisconsin's twin towers obviously can be beat (as they're 30-3 with 3 losses) but I think they're vastly superior in the middle but maybe Nebraska can compensate for it on the sides which looked like their strength vs Texas. According to Stivrins, Nebraska is a different team than when Wisconsin swept them and one of the commentators pick Nebraska too. At the very least, I hope this is at least a closer game than when they played in the regular season because it's pretty much my most anticipated volleyball championship of all time.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I think I heard Wisconsin has won 7 straight against Nebraska...which makes me nervous the Huskers are due to finally win one. I just wouldn't bet against them in a situation like this.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Anna Smrek blew me away last night. It's unfortunate not much is known about her here in Canada. The Welland ON area has a lot of great talent when you think of her and Emma Koabel heading to Duke in 2022.

Women's volleyball is woefully behind in getting any recognition in this country even though many have been earning scholarships to play in the NCAA.

Is Koabel any good?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Too bad Marissa can't poach a few of the players.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Well good for Wisconsin, finally got a Championship. 5 setter, fans got their money's worth.
Very, very happy for Rettke, Hilley, Loberg and Barnes. Happy for Wisconsin to finally get over the hump and happy for their fanbase, which has really turned out for their team year after year for a long time now.

I know you and I share an antipathy toward Nebraska volleyball (and John Cook). For some weird reason, Nebraska has won most of their championships in the underdog role and then choked when they were favored. Glad that pattern didn't hold this time.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
For some weird reason, Nebraska has won most of their championships in the underdog role
Yeah I thought this was shaping up for another of their unexpected Championships. Once they got past Texas I figured they'd probably do it.

edit--and one of the times they were heavy favorites they got taken to the woodshed by my Huskies!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom