2024 Recruiting: - VJ Edgecombe Update | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: VJ Edgecombe Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Totally understand, but staffs priority was Betsey, they thought they had a better shot, and now that he is probable to Cinci, makes sense we would push to VJ.

Eh their skillsets don't overlap much. Not sure this is the case but it's possible. I see Betsey as more of a 4 until he expands his skillset. Edgecombe is all guard.

Reaction Score
Kimani going to watch him means the staff knows something we don’t (shocker!!)

Doesn’t mean he’s going to commit to us tomorrow, but unless they know we’re 100% dead in his recruitment then there’s no harm trying

Reaction Score
Kimani going to watch him means the staff knows something we don’t (shocker!!)

Doesn’t mean he’s going to commit to us tomorrow, but unless they know we’re 100% dead in his recruitment then there’s no harm trying

My point was that we might not even be there primarily for Edgecombe . Or more as a courtesy visit, just in case. Jacob Ross and I'm sure some others we haven't heard of play for LuHi too. I just can't imagine a kid who lives a few hours away and hasn't visited or planned one is that interested in UConn.

Reaction Score
My point was that we might not even be there primarily for Edgecombe . Or more as a courtesy visit, just in case. Jacob Ross and I'm sure some others we haven't heard of play for LuHi too. I just can't imagine a kid who lives a few hours away and hasn't visited or planned one is that interested in UConn.
Looks like others mentioned. No Ross.

Reaction Score

Hadn't heard of the Mingos before. Looks like one of them is a top-25 player in 2026, the other a 3* in 2025. Worth keeping an eye on.

We've been in touch with Anthony before, great to see us following up.

I'm surprised no Jacob Ross... wonder if it was an oversight. he's a top-100 talent in his own right, and if he's a late bloomer like his brother, might just blow up.

Reaction Score
Hadn't heard of the Mingos before. Looks like one of them is a top-25 player in 2026, the other a 3* in 2025. Worth keeping an eye on.

We've been in touch with Anthony before, great to see us following up.

I'm surprised no Jacob Ross... wonder if it was an oversight. he's a top-100 talent in his own right, and if he's a late bloomer like his brother, might just blow up.
I'd like Anthony just for the Cuse fan reaction.

Reaction Score
Who knows, with recruiting you can never take media accounts as 100% accurate. I think we've seen this many times.

UConn: “I had a good conversation with them. They asked about my spring and what I’ve learned and experienced. My brother is also there so they let me know how he was doing.”

Reaction Score
How so?
Because if he's making the decision in the fall then it sounds like we don't have a chance since he hasn't said he's visiting UConn. If he waits until the spring then it gives UConn a few more months to recruit him and get him to visit. Plus if he's not making a decision this fall it probably means he hasn't been convinced by any of the current schools he's considering.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Calling a kid after midnight smacks of Bill Bayno showing up at Marcus Camby's house at 12:01 on early signing day.
With a few nice suits.

Reaction Score
Will also most likely know the outcome of the Flagg recruitment by then so the clarity from that situation will definitely allow us to put on the full court press either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom