Villanova vs Seton Hall | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Villanova vs Seton Hall

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
can someone explain what the problem with a 9pm game is? do grown adults have 10pm bedtimes?

9pm EST means people from coast to coast can watch these games after work. i absolutely love it. MNF games end later than these do and no one complains
Because if the early games run late the start can get bumped to 11:11pm?

Reaction Score
Because if the early games run late the start can get bumped to 11:11pm?
When’s the last time that happened? The only college game I recall going past midnight lasted 7OTs and I bet everyone here was awake for it

Last edited:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
can someone explain what the problem with a 9pm game is? do grown adults have 10pm bedtimes?

9pm EST means people from coast to coast can watch these games after work. i absolutely love it. MNF games end later than these do and no one complains
I'm an outlier, but I start work at 4am.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

I generally wake up at 5:40 a.m. on weekdays, which means I am usually struggling to stay awake past 10:00 p.m. Not a bedtime; just a reality.

Somewhat counter-intuitively, I seem to be able to stay awake later if I am drinking, but then I don't sleep as well (and I'm trying to cut back on weeknight drinking, which has become far too regular since Covid hit).

Can't remember the last time I stayed awake for a MNF game.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I generally wake up at 5:40 a.m. on weekdays, which means I am usually struggling to stay awake past 10:00 p.m. Not a bedtime; just a reality.

Somewhat counter-intuitively, I seem to be able to stay awake later if I am drinking, but then I don't sleep as well (and I'm trying to cut back on weeknight drinking, which has become far too regular since Covid hit).

Dad?

Seriously, this is me too. All of it.

Reaction Score
66th in the country but 1st in the BE? Something not making sense here unless the BE is pretty bad at defending the 3 or very good at shooting 3s

Reaction Score
You have to be nervous about they way our defense played vs the Johnnies when spread out and the way both Nova and the Hall can create from almost every position. Scary as hell considering how much better they are than the Johnnies and now they get to see the tape. some creativity will be required as well as some better play by many of the players.

Reaction Score
You have to be nervous about they way our defense played vs the Johnnies when spread out and the way both Nova and the Hall can create from almost every position. Scary as hell considering how much better they are than the Johnnies and now they get to see the tape. some creativity will be required as well as some better play by many of the players.
Could the SJU game have been a sacrificial ruse to lull the big fish into complacency? Was Hurley's goal to get the SHUs and 'Novas of the world to game-plan for some dumb strategy that he won't actually employ? Is he playing chess while we are all whining about checkers?!

Reaction Score
Could the SJU game have been a sacrificial ruse to lull the big fish into complacency? Was Hurley's goal to get the SHUs and 'Novas of the world to game-plan for some dumb strategy that he won't actually employ? Is he playing chess while we are all whining about checkers?!

Not sure maybe. I myself try to win whether its checkers or chess though. :eek:

Reaction Score
66th in the country but 1st in the BE? Something not making sense here unless the BE is pretty bad at defending the 3 or very good at shooting 3s
It's just the way you're looking at the numbers, 66th may not sound impressive but what if I were to reframe that as we're holding teams to a lower 3P% than 82% of D1 teams?

Reaction Score

understood. there is no ideal start time from coast to coast. but it seems the 9pm start bothers more people than are actually effected by it i.e. pre-6am wakers.

since wfh started i've been setting my alarm for 9 am but even pre-pandemic it was 8 am. the only time i've ever woken up before 6 is to get to the airport.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom