RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
angry GIF by HULU

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Geno said that you need to play 13 games to qualify for the NCAA tourney. We're at 7 and it's starting to look like a real challenge to get 6 more.

So far 2021 is making 2020 look like the good old days. :(

Reaction Score
Geno said that you need to play 13 games to qualify for the NCAA tourney. We're at 7 and it's starting to look like a real challenge to get 6 more.

i would love to see if Geno and Kelly Graves could get a game scheduled for Sunday afternoon. Oregon is definitely not playing and don’t play again until the following week. that’s a game which would be great for all women’s basketball, plus a quality game for UCONN. Oregon doesn’t need the match up, but as i said it would be good for the game.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Wasn't Villanova's last game against upcoming Seton Hall??

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Now both the men's and women's games against Nova are postponed.

Reaction Score
i would love to see if Geno and Kelly Graves could get a game scheduled for Sunday afternoon. Oregon is definitely not playing and don’t play again until the following week. that’s a game which would be great for all women’s basketball, plus a quality game for UCONN. Oregon doesn’t need the match up, but as i said it would be good for the game.

Given the logistical challenges of a game such as this in the midst of a pandemic, it's highly unlikely that it would occur. Oregon still has their road trip to face Arizona this week, despite the ASU game being cancelled. That's a tough matchup on the road already.

Reaction Score
As we've seen from the attempts by Geno and Jeff to arrange a game between UConn and Louisville that went nowhere, it is extremely hard to arrange an out of conference game. So it's really about the conference shuffling games around...

Reaction Score

Sure glad NCAA gave all the students an extra year eligibility .... it would sure suck to make them lose a year eligibility for a 13 games season. At least the NCAA got that right.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Big East should have done bubbles, since there really is no home/away games. The amount of total games played would have been much more.

Reaction Score
Wow. I would like to take back what I said the other day.. Re: we will be lucky to get 20 games in....

I don't even think we will even get 12-15 games played this season at this pace... When is our next game Feb 25th? (Being sarcastic)

Reaction Score
Next game is Jan. 19. This hurts UConn more than other teams, imo: they have to integrate 3 or 4 key freshman and the only way to do that is through game experience; their schemes are more complex and rely on timing; etc. I think we'll see a lot more Paige iso's in the Tourney at this point. Give her the ball and get out of the way!!

Reaction Score
I hope that won't be the case, but the worst thing that could come out of all these cancellations is a rusty Uconn team going into Knoxville against a Tennessee team and coming out with a loss.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Ok, this is not working. 5 D-1 games scheduled today, 3 of them were canceled/postponed. 8 games canceled/postponed tomorrow. Recently a poster asked if the season should be paused. I didn’t think so, and didn’t give it a second thought. I have now. The current attempt to play a shortened season is not working. Here is what I think would be a viable solution to this unusual and unpredictable season.

As of tomorrow, suspend all further play temporarily. All teams go into quarantine status for 10 days. During that time, each Division 1 conference sets up a bubble location, to resume conference play in approximately 15 days. Game schedules could also be revised during the conference quarantine period to accommodate games that have been postponed, and ensure that all teams play the mandated number of conference games.

This would allow for any/all teams having challenges with the COVID-19 virus to clean up their house and get right. All remaining and postponed games will be played. All conference tournaments will also be played during this time.

The bubble will assure that no more games will be postponed, and travel costs for the rest of the season will be greatly reduced.

The men’s tournament will be a single site bubble in Indiana this year. All 64 teams will play their games in the greater Indianapolis area.

The women’s tournament can follow their lead. All 64 teams either play all of their games in the Alamodome, or the first two rounds at surrounding college gyms/arenas.

The remaining games would be played in the Alamodome. After the tournament field is announced, all teams would test and quarantine briefly upon arrival similar to what the WNBA did in Florida, then begin play.

The Alamodome has 19,000+ seats. Arrangements could be made for player’s and coach’s family members to attend. Social distance spacing in an arena that large should not be a problem.

Of course an area for the media would also be provided. Since the Big East Tournament is already scheduled to be held at the Mohegan Sun Arena, it would make sense to have their bubble there.

This scenario would also save on travel costs for the tournament participants. Thoughts, comments, concerns?

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom