OT: - Viewing the internet on a TV | The Boneyard

OT: Viewing the internet on a TV

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Anyone here do this? If so, how’d you do it?

Reaction Score
I do it all the time. I screen mirror my iPhone with an Apple TV. You could use it with your iPad, but at $149 (minimum) its a pretty expensive add-on for just streaming. We use ours for Netflix, HBO GO and other on-demand stuff.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Chromecast works well. I tried using the browser in my smart tv (LG) but it is slow and glitchy. It doesn't happen when I use netflix or youtube, but espn3 doesn't work well for whatever reason. If anyone has a fix I'll gratefully take it. In the meantime it's back to Chromecast for me.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Does this just mirror what's on the ipad, or can I use the tv remote to surf the 'net?

If you want straight mirroring I'd go with appletv

Reaction Score
Does this just mirror what's on the ipad, or can I use the tv remote to surf the 'net?
Do you have an iPhone? You can probably use the iPhone as the mouse/keyboard for the iPad thats streaming to a chromecast

August_West

Reaction Score
I want to be able to surf using my remote.

You may be out of luck.,

Also, web browsing with a remote is pretty damn cumbersome.

August_West

Reaction Score
I want to be able to surf using my remote.

I should rephrase though. Surfing without a remote is possible if you take Ipad mirroring out of equation.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
All you need to do is have an HDMI cable, plug it into your laptop (or your device of choice) and plug the other end to the tv (needs HDMI compatibility obviously) and voila

That sounds doable on my end. Could I use a wireless mouse to do the surfing?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Chromecast. However Xfinity will not allow you to use their phone app through Chromecast, no matter whether its little casting icon on the upper right edge of the window or through screen mirroring. On the other hand, most networks have a casting option provided you have a cable/satellite subscription.

If you have Samsung devices (I see you don't, but for anyone else) You can use SmartView. I watched the NFL playoffs off a Reddit link using this method during our move.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom