Video Games Thread | The Boneyard

Video Games Thread

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Noticed we don't have one of these. I've been playing video games since PONG, but off an on over all those years. I'm an RPG guy, I enjoy exploring and leveling my character to meet new challenges. Elder Scrolls Diablo 2, Skyrim, also Fallout, Dragon Age: Origins, Witcher III (not much character development, good story), Assassins' Creed (some of them). I like turn based strategy games like Civilization, but they suck on console. I've tried first person shooters, but they tend to make me ill. Used to love to play the lego games with my daughter, those are a blast. Funny too.

This year I tried NieR:Automata, which was different but good. Also tried Cyberpunk, which is a bit like GTA I believe, not my usual thing but not bad. Glitchy as hell. Immortal's Fenyx Rising was good, sort of a Zelda style game. I have tried Dark Souls games and I quit after an hour of frustration. They are just too difficult. So I was wary of Elden Ring, made by the same people using their challenging approach. Reviews said it wasn't as difficult. The artwork is gorgeous and reviews are strong, so I bought it. It's way harder than I'm used to, but not as frustrating as Dark Souls. You at least have the ability to wander and try to find things you can beat. George R.R. Martin was involved and helped write the story. It's really quite stunning.

I tried some survival games. Ark: Survival Evolved (dinosaurs) and 7 Days to Die. Those were fun, but with no story, become boring over time. 7 Days to Die is a bit like hardcore minecraft, with zombies and especially a wave of zombies every 7 days that keeps leveling up. So you need supplies, and to build a fortress of sorts to allow you to survive the night. Scavenging, crafting, fighting.

Any other gamers here? What are you playing?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall
Top Bottom