Victor Rosa...why UConn may have a leg up | The Boneyard

Victor Rosa...why UConn may have a leg up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Rosa knows he will not be playing quarterback at the next level so a lot of his offseason work is focused on developing the skills at receiver, running back and defensive back because that is where he will be assigned to play in college. For help with this, as well as the rest of the recruiting process, Rosa joined the mentoring program Supreme Athlete, which is run by former UConn football player Stanley “Stack” Williams. His company helps high school athletes train to reach their highest potential on the field, so he can help them gain the most attractive scholarship offers to play at a prep school or in college.

Reaction Score
Rosa knows he will not be playing quarterback at the next level so a lot of his offseason work is focused on developing the skills at receiver, running back and defensive back because that is where he will be assigned to play in college. For help with this, as well as the rest of the recruiting process, Rosa joined the mentoring program Supreme Athlete, which is run by former UConn football player Stanley “Stack” Williams. His company helps high school athletes train to reach their highest potential on the field, so he can help them gain the most attractive scholarship offers to play at a prep school or in college.
Gotta a link to the original article - that reads like a dated/old article?

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
UConn is the right place for him. Saw his Florida visit photos and it made me think of the sad case of another Bristol athlete that went there. Way too many stories about the bad influences there year after year.

Reaction Score
Oct 2020

But it does look like he had guidance from UConn alum...

Thanks - I thought it sounded familiar. Williams is a great advocate for his kids. UConn has lost its fair share of his kids to other programs over the years.

Reaction Score
Would be nice to start beating BCU on the recruiting trail again. Rosa could be the mystery commit that got the Edsall “boom” but no announcement.
I think BC has just about run out of scholarships. They have 22 commits for 2022 and they had 26 commits plus 6 transfers last year. I think the lack of BC scholarships could open up opportunities for UConn with other kids in New England especially with the lack of fall high school football last year as I'm sure some kids will blow up their senior year.

Reaction Score
I'd rather have him pay football here...

Jokes aside, based on Twitter, he's super tight w/ Clingan. I'm not surprised Rosa signed here after Clingan joined too.

Rashool is helping us recruit basketball and football!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It been buiding since the 2019 class
How many guys did we have signed by this time last year and what were their ratings?
Let’s give the staff some credit for not being in denial that recruiting could be dramatically better and then doing something about it — “The Recruiting Pivot”.
Chief for one, is proud of various members of the staff. I admit, Chief had no idea the positive impact Corey Edsall would have to help his dad bridge generations. My daughter just got me one of those back of the cell phone pockets, which is now my wallet. I love it - in addition to some old school cash in my pocket. So Chief understands the dynamics of what happened here. Someone else may not have gotten me to make that change.
As far as synergies and taking best practices from basketball or others. Why not? We would be crazy not to do that. Too many here or overly concerned about who gets the credit - that’s not nearly as important as the fact that successful changes were made. Let’s celebrate and built on that.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The year off helped with the planning and targeting.
Maybe, but I’m just happy to see the upswing regardless of the cause.

Reaction Score
The year off helped with the planning and targeting.
LOL - 12 months of planning.

Please don’t discount the importance of making a personal connection with a kid and making him feel happy and special. So much different than a mindset of if he doesn’t want to be here, we don’t want him. That may be literally true, but it got soaked a little too much into the attitude we projected. Now we start from a different starting point. It’s possible with some kids we may end at at the same place at the end but it’s only after the positive approach is exhausted.

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Yeah- looks like the “if they don’t play in 2020” and “leaving the AAC is the road to death” crowd were wrong. Not surprising. Maybe Randy was right to take the unusual path to skip 2020 and focus on physical development and culture building.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Yeah- looks like the “if they don’t play in 2020” and “leaving the AAC is the road to death” crowd were wrong. Not surprising. Maybe Randy was right to take the unusual path to skip 2020 and focus on physical development and culture building.

I hear the staff all got phone wallets too.

Reaction Score
Thanks - I thought it sounded familiar. Williams is a great advocate for his kids. UConn has lost its fair share of his kids to other programs over the years.
The article reeks "safety school" regarding UConn. Grateful for the offer but let's see if something better comes along. Seems to need affirmation or UConn is not all that attractive.

Reaction Score
The article reeks "safety school" regarding UConn. Grateful for the offer but let's see if something better comes along. Seems to need affirmation or UConn is not all that attractive.
My emo brother, he wants a UConn offer. He has Ivy League schools interested in him.

I can't believe loads of players would choose us over Ivies. They really want to play FBS football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom