OT: - Victor Page | The Boneyard

OT: Victor Page

Reaction Score
Dude thought he was iverson part 2 so he decided to leave college early. Dumb Since then it’s been downhill. Arrested 33 times. Safe to say he’s got some screws loose.

Reaction Score
Dude thought he was iverson part 2 so he decided to leave college early. Dumb Since then it’s been downhill. Arrested 33 times. Safe to say he’s got some screws loose.
Damn shame what his life has become since leaving Georgetown.

Reaction Score
Yup. That was a good 96 gtown team. Him , iverson, othella Harrington, Jerome williams(missed that layup at end in 96 BE final) , Boubacar - squad was pretty loaded. Sad. But after 33 arrests and this brutal last one- time for the hammer to come down.

Reaction Score
Shocked he's still alive to be honest. Since I'm not from Ct. nor close by, I didn't start watching UConn until 1994 so in 96 really liked the GTown team. They had a lot of pieces wow.

They would never recruit pure shooters, often their downfall. But Iverson was one of my favorite college players ever and Page had big-time potential, he could shoot decently and finish and crafty with the ball to find room. They needed a UConn wing on that team, they always had a bricklayer 3 it seemed. And the guys off the bench were the gang that couldn't shoot straight!!!

Crazy to think the evaluators had Othella Harrington as a Consensus No. 1 player, he was prob 6'7.5 at most and really an interior player without a lot of ferocity or explosion. That evaluation game has changed a lot since then.

Reaction Score

Actually, the rumor at the time was he left early because Georgetown couldn't hide his academic shortcomings any longer. Easy classes and/or professors willing to give him a pass had all been used.

Michael Graham was another stellar "student athlete" of which the priests must have been proud. He was there one year, protected Ewing so he didn't have to mix it up with the other big men in the league, drew blood in at least two Big East games and, as a result, was the purported reason the NCAA put in place the fairly strict fighting rules still in existence.

But hey, "the end justifies the means" according to the Jesuits.

Reaction Score
Actually, the rumor at the time was he left early because Georgetown couldn't hide his academic shortcomings any longer. Easy classes and/or professors willing to give him a pass had all been used.

Michael Graham was another stellar "student athlete" of which the priests must have been proud. He was there one year, protected Ewing so he didn't have to mix it up with the other big men in the league, drew blood in at least two Big East games and, as a result, was the purported reason the NCAA put in place the fairly strict fighting rules still in existence.

Yup. That wud make sense too. Either way.

Reaction Score

He did lead the big east in scoring in 1997. I remember watching him against UConn at the civic center that season- UConn did not have an answer for him. From what I remember his back story growing up was very tough. Unfortunately it doesn’t look like he was able to escape it. I guess my point is that it’s hard to diminish what he did on the court. If that’s all that mattered I do believe he was an nba talent. No one was as quick as Iverson but victor could score.

Reaction Score
Picture of victor with my cousin (seton hall grad) a few years ago. Said he was a nice guy - very approachable.

Attachments

• 260DAA6A-4D5D-4DD8-9072-41314CF33283.jpeg
    260DAA6A-4D5D-4DD8-9072-41314CF33283.jpeg
    95.2 KB · Views: 149
Reaction Score
I believe in 2nd chances, but people this violent, they're ticking time bombs.

Page was previously sentenced to 10 years in prison for second-degree assault in 2013, but he was released early and on parole when the Dec. 30th assault took place. According to the Washington Times, that assault was just as violent. He ripped his victim’s hair from her scalp while dragging her to the bathtub, where he ran hot water over her while punching her in the face and stabbing her in the right hand and right thigh.
At the time of the 2013 assault, Page had been arrested at least 33 times and had already spent more than 700 days in jail. He lost his right eye as the result of a gunshot would in 2003.

Reaction Score
He has severe mental problems and rage. The gunshot to the head made things worse.

Reaction Score
Georgetown was something else back then, Kenny Brunner was also a stud player but the whole robbing people with a samurai sword wasn't such a good idea.
Bad Santa!

Reaction Score
I believe in 2nd chances, but people this violent, they're ticking time bombs.

Page was previously sentenced to 10 years in prison for second-degree assault in 2013, but he was released early and on parole when the Dec. 30th assault took place. According to the Washington Times, that assault was just as violent. He ripped his victim’s hair from her scalp while dragging her to the bathtub, where he ran hot water over her while punching her in the face and stabbing her in the right hand and right thigh.
At the time of the 2013 assault, Page had been arrested at least 33 times and had already spent more than 700 days in jail. He lost his right eye as the result of a gunshot would in 2003.
Wow. Sad but prison is were he belongs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom