Verizon Wireless vs Xfinity Wireless | The Boneyard

Verizon Wireless vs Xfinity Wireless

Goatmeat

Puncher of Goats
Reaction Score
Please help me understand this. My wife and I currently pay $147/month for our unlimited Verizon data plans and phones per month. We use approx 3-4 GB of data per month combined, since we are loath on wifi anyway. With xfinity wireless, we would get a plan for $60/month unlimited data for the two of us, saving more than $80/month. My understanding is that xfinity wireless uses the Verizon network. So why would I not go for this deal?! Anyone use it or know anything about it?

Reaction Score
Please help me understand this. My wife and I currently pay $147/month for our unlimited Verizon data plans and phones per month. We use approx 3-4 GB of data per month combined, since we are loath on wifi anyway. With xfinity wireless, we would get a plan for $60/month unlimited data for the two of us, saving more than $80/month. My understanding is that xfinity wireless uses the Verizon network. So why would I not go for this deal?! Anyone use it or know anything about it?
I have used Xfinity Mobile for a few years. It has met my expectations and I am quite sure it uses the Verizon Network. You must be a Xfinity TV/Internet customer with a certain level of service I believe. My wife and I use very little data so we pay $12 a month for both lines. We then get a $12 credit on our Xfinity TV bill so we are effectively paying nothing for our cell service. I'm sure Xfinity views us as a long term customer so they will get there's in the long term. Service has been very good.

Reaction Score
It does run on verizon's network. The only downside of it is if you are in a congested area, verizon phones will have priority so your internet speed will be slowed. If you're not in high traffic areas, you won't notice a difference in speed from normal verizon.

Reaction Score
Did you switch to it? I'm thinking about the same path...any issues? Do you know what happens with overseas travel? (I know, I'm projecting a bit...)

thx for any feedback

Reaction Score
I don't have Xfinity but I switched to Altice (Optimum) @ $20 per month unlimited. I haven't had any issues

Reaction Score
Here’s my personal take: Verizon is actually a solid and well run company with transparency. Xfinity is one of the worst companies in the world and when the opportunity arises I will do everything I can to NOT give Xfinity/Comcast my business. I hope they go bankrupt after just jacking up internet costs on customers during a pandemic when most are working from home. Stick with Verizon...at some point Xfinity will jack up your cell phone bill when you least expect it.

Reaction Score
Here’s my personal take: Verizon is actually a solid and well run company with transparency. Xfinity is one of the worst companies in the world and when the opportunity arises I will do everything I can to NOT give Xfinity/Comcast my business. I hope they go bankrupt after just jacking up internet costs on customers during a pandemic when most are working from home. Stick with Verizon...at some point Xfinity will jack up your cell phone bill when you least expect it.
I had a two year bundled contract with Xfinity for cable, internet and phone (don't use, only to get best bundle price) and paid $156/mo. When the contract ended, I upgraded my internet speed and I had to turn in my old cable box and get the X1 box with voice remote. This was in December. My old box was super reliable. Since I got the new X1 box, my cable drops constantly for a few seconds at a time or sometimes longer. "But the new box is better......". Try watching an NFL playoff game and have the screen go blank on a key 4th and 1 play. For this shizzy service, I also get the pleasure of paying $30 more a month than I did on my last contract. In addition, I lost 5 years of saved movies that were on my old box DVR, the new DVR is much less user friendly, and the browse and search functions are much worse with the new remote. I should also mention that my first new X1 box had an error code they couldn't fix after 3 hours on the phone with tech support, so I had to go back to the Xfinity store and return it and get a new one (the one I currently have that sucks...) I was thinking of getting X1 cell service too, but this experience has turned me off for now. End of vent....

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Outside of the cost, I have no complaints with Xfinity cable/internet. Rarely goes out for us (in Cromwell). Can't even think of the last time it has happened. I've also been pondering the switch from Verizon to Xfinity, so I'm following this thread with interest.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
hehe, 'cellular telephone service.'
tracfone, from day one, now aboot $6 a month. purrfect reliability and reception always. don't need no stinkin service cap stuff either, cuz it's a phone, or at least that's what i use it for.
coursin' i don't watch any moving pictures on a 6'' screen. i like my perfect eyesight, and intend to keep it that way. like vinyl albums, i hear that the flipphone is rebounding lately, too.
conveniently small.

Reaction Score
hehe, 'cellular telephone service.'
tracfone, from day one, now aboot $6 a month. purrfect reliability and reception always. don't need no stinkin service cap stuff either, cuz it's a phone, or at least that's what i use it for.
coursin' i don't watch any moving pictures on a 6'' screen. i like my perfect eyesight, and intend to keep it that way. like vinyl albums, i hear that the flipphone is rebounding lately, too.
conveniently small.
Four inches is fine!

Goatmeat

Puncher of Goats
Reaction Score
Did you switch to it? I'm thinking about the same path...any issues? Do you know what happens with overseas travel? (I know, I'm projecting a bit...)

thx for any feedback
I ordered the SIM cards 2 weeks ago and still have not received them. Crazy. I’m trying to switch and they don’t seem to care. Typical Comcast.

Reaction Score
I had a two year bundled contract with Xfinity for cable, internet and phone (don't use, only to get best bundle price) and paid $156/mo. When the contract ended, I upgraded my internet speed and I had to turn in my old cable box and get the X1 box with voice remote. This was in December. My old box was super reliable. Since I got the new X1 box, my cable drops constantly for a few seconds at a time or sometimes longer. "But the new box is better......". Try watching an NFL playoff game and have the screen go blank on a key 4th and 1 play. For this shizzy service, I also get the pleasure of paying $30 more a month than I did on my last contract. In addition, I lost 5 years of saved movies that were on my old box DVR, the new DVR is much less user friendly, and the browse and search functions are much worse with the new remote. I should also mention that my first new X1 box had an error code they couldn't fix after 3 hours on the phone with tech support, so I had to go back to the Xfinity store and return it and get a new one (the one I currently have that sucks...) I was thinking of getting X1 cell service too, but this experience has turned me off for now. End of vent....

All true, but their cell service is Verizon. It’s a great service/price. I’ve been with Verizon for 15 years and have 6 phones on the network. The Xfinity offer does nothing for me due to my old deal being honored, but for most people, it’s a bargain.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I ordered the SIM cards 2 weeks ago and still have not received them. Crazy. I’m trying to switch and they don’t seem to care. Typical Comcast.
I am the Vice Chair of the Northern Middlesex Cable Advisory Board and I can reach out to the regional manager if you like. Let me know either way

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Here’s my personal take: Verizon is actually a solid and well run company with transparency. Xfinity is one of the worst companies in the world and when the opportunity arises I will do everything I can to NOT give Xfinity/Comcast my business.
When you have to change your name because your old name was Mudd is a tip-off.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Is this for cell only? I'm paying $45 per line for unlimited.

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
Visible.

It's on the Verizon network and will cost you $40 flat a month for unlimited data, texts and calls.
Pair your plan with one for the wife and it's $35 each a month.
Add two more people and it goes to $25 each.

My wife and son are on it and no problem. Same service as my work provided Verizon plan.

Clarke Howard loves them.

It's owned by Verizon and a sub-brand for the "Millenials" who don't want to deal with stores.
Everything is done on line and is easy peasy.

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
Outside of the cost, I have no complaints with Xfinity cable/internet. Rarely goes out for us (in Cromwell). Can't even think of the last time it has happened. I've also been pondering the switch from Verizon to Xfinity, so I'm following this thread with interest.

Cromwell Represent!
Nooks Hill Road here!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom