Vandy out of Legends Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Think we look for another team or?

Reaction Score
If a 4th team isn’t found I guess we’ll just play 2 non conference games before NC State on Saturday.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
If the schedule works you can just play both BYU and USC. Same with the others.
Seems like they could make that work, but would have to extend (at least) a day?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Based on Hurleys post game press conference after Hartford, unless a cupcake comes calling, I agree he would probably just choose to practice until the NC state game Saturday.
Obviously as a fan I would love nothing more than to see a last minute opponent or the opportunity to play both BYU and USC, but would understand from DH’s perspective if he didn’t push for that and withdrew himself. Unless of course that press conference was just coach speak!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Based on Hurleys post game press conference after Hartford, unless a cupcake comes calling, I agree he would probably just choose to practice until the NC state game Saturday.
Obviously as a fan I would love nothing more than to see a last minute opponent or the opportunity to play both BYU and USC, but would understand from DH’s perspective if he didn’t push for that and withdrew himself. Unless of course that press conference was just coach speak!

I know what Hurley said, but we are going to be lucky to get 25 games in this winter if the season isn't cancelled altogether. He really shouldn't pass up opportunities to play.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Your team is at the mercy of the opponent. If UConn just practices on the 1st and decides to skip tge game on the 3rd, waiting for NC St .... what if NC St tests positive? Need to play whenever you can. DON'T delay.

Reaction Score
The reality is you play for the NCAA tournament, if there is one, and the best way to get there is to get as many games under your belt as you can. Practice is good and all, but games are better, and given the fact that you can't be assured you can play against the teams that are actually on your schedule, you play as often as you possibly can.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The reality is you play for the NCAA tournament, if there is one, and the best way to get there is to get as many games under your belt as you can. Practice is good and all, but games are better, and given the fact that you can't be assured you can play against the teams that are actually on your schedule, you play as often as you possibly can.

I was about to post the same thing. I think a lot of coaches have figured this out, and are trying to cram games in where they can.

Edit: I did a quick scan of the standings, and going into today, there are about 100 D1 teams that have not played a game yet. We have just got to play when we can play.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger