Vandy Drops in NET After Quad 1 Road Win | The Boneyard

Vandy Drops in NET After Quad 1 Road Win

Reaction Score
Vandy (NET 58) went on the road and won a rough and tumble Quad 1 victory over Texas A&M (NET 30) last night and dropped one spot to 59 in the NET rankings this morning. As time goes on, I understand less and less about the NET, but I also like and trust it less and less. Yes, I know style points (offensive efficiency/defensive efficiency) matter, and what your former opponents do matters. I'll make a simple conclusion because I'm obviously too simple minded to grasp this system: There is no way you should drop in the NET rankings after a Quad 1 win on the road. Period. I'm sure this type of thing happens to a lot of teams, and I just notice it because it's my team.

There ends my morning whine.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Tennessee moved up 7 sports to #42 after losing to South Carolina.

Reaction Score
Tennessee moved up 7 sports to #42 after losing to South Carolina.
To be fair, that +7 is compared to Sunday's ranking, which in this case also includes the Monday night win over Arkansas. I still stand by my whine, though.

Reaction Score
To be fair, that +7 is compared to Sunday's ranking, which in this case also includes the Monday night win over Arkansas. I still stand by my whine, though.
Now, I'm responding to my own posts, which is probably a sign I should step away from the computer. But, it's worth noting that with Sunday's road win at Georgia (which had a 101 NET at the time, Vandy moved up one spot from 59 go 58. With the win over NET 30 A&M, they dropped a spot.

For the record, the Dores have moved up from 44 to 38 in RPI since Sunday. Obviously, there is a huge difference in a NET of 59 and an RPI of 38. The RPI rankings don't care about style points.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Vandy (NET 58) went on the road and won a rough and tumble Quad 1 victory over Texas A&M (NET 30) last night and dropped one spot to 59 in the NET rankings this morning. As time goes on, I understand less and less about the NET, but I also like and trust it less and less. Yes, I know style points (offensive efficiency/defensive efficiency) matter, and what your former opponents do matters. I'll make a simple conclusion because I'm obviously too simple minded to grasp this system: There is no way you should drop in the NET rankings after a Quad 1 win on the road. Period. I'm sure this type of thing happens to a lot of teams, and I just notice it because it's my team.

There ends my morning whine.

Those bastards :mad:. How dare them

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom