Van Lith - First 2 Games | The Boneyard

Van Lith - First 2 Games

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
It's simultaneously possible for UConn AND non-Uconn players to be good. Y'all don't get to have everyone worthy of praise. ;) Pointing out that Hailey Van Lith appears to be as good as promised doesn't diminish the Huskies' freshman class in any way, shape, or form.

Reaction Score
she’s good, but I don’t she fits UConn style which is why she’s not there. She doesn’t necessarily like to pass the ball and that doesn’t work at UConn

Reaction Score
she’s good, but I don’t she fits UConn style which is why she’s not there. She doesn’t necessarily like to pass the ball and that doesn’t work at UConn

Have you seen either of her first two games? She is a complete player - all her shots have come within the offense, she looks for her teammates and rebounds/defends well - 19 rebounds including seven offensive, and three blocked shots.

Reaction Score
I saw Hailey Van Lith in a high school tournament game here in Phoenix. She was a great passer. Back then (before she committed - haha) everybody on the BY loved her.

Reaction Score
It's simultaneously possible for UConn AND non-Uconn players to be good. Y'all don't get to have everyone worthy of praise. ;) Pointing out that Hailey Van Lith appears to be as good as promised doesn't diminish the Huskies' freshman class in any way, shape, or form.

Wait. I can keep two different, although competing, thoughts in my head at the same time? Whoa. But if I do that I'll likely be disqualified from posting anything on the internet. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They played Eastern Kentucky and SO Missouri I have to see her do this against top teams but yes she is off to a great start. I like that she not just scores also rebound the ball

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Is anyone really doubting her talent? She was widely regarded as a top five player before her commitment and I believe most here on the BY continue to think the same. Just because some say they would rather have Muhl does not mean they think Van Lith is not a highly talented player. Muhl is a highly talented player. They have different skill sets and both seem to be highly skilled.

Reaction Score
To back up what I said earlier, she is a ball dominant guard. You’re not going to play like Asia Durr at UConn. That’s not UConn’s style. I’m a fan of her’s as well and so is Geno because he recruited her.

as far as her first two games being well within the offense, she’s a freshman that doesn’t have to lead right now. After Dana Evans graduates she’ll have free reign to do what she wants. That’s not gonna happen at UConn with Paige, Azzi, Christyn and so on

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
While in general and in theory that makes sense, keep in mind (IMHO) that UCONN has more talent than almost any other team in the country. There are PG's who are more scoring oriented, and PG's who are more pass first oriented.

On any specific college team, if the PG isn't surrounded by several other players who are very good, or at least very good scorers, than by necessity, that PG would end up more of a scoring guard.

Sue BIrd is a great example - she's capable of putting up monster scoring numbers, but most of the teams she's been on (college, pros, USA) have blessed her with uber-talented teammates, so her scoring numbers are naturally lower as she facilitates and runs offense for her TEAM.

She (Hailey Van Lith) hasn't averaged very many assists so far, but it looks like Dana Evans has been the 1 and Van Lith has been playing the 2. If her job is more to score, she can't be faulted for doing just that...

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom