OT: - USWNT (Soccer) chosen for CONCACAF trials | The Boneyard

OT: USWNT (Soccer) chosen for CONCACAF trials

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Here is the 20 player roster, including club affiliation:

Goalkeepers: Ashlyn Harris (Orlando Pride), Alyssa Naeher (Chicago Red Stars).

Defenders: Abby Dahlkemper (NC Courage), Crystal Dunn (NC Courage), Hailie Mace (UCLA), Kelley O’Hara (Utah Royals), Becky Sauerbrunn (Utah Royals), Casey Short (Chicago Red Stars), Emily Sonnett (Portland Thorns).

Midfielders: Morgan Brian (Chicago Red Stars), Julie Ertz (Chicago Red Stars), Lindsey Horan (Portland Thorns), Rose Lavelle (Washington Spirit), Samantha Mewis (NC Courage).

Forwards: Tobin Heath (Portland Thorns), Carli Lloyd (Sky Blue), Alex Morgan (Orlando Pride), Christen Press (Utah Royals), Mallory Pugh (Washington Spirit), Megan Rapinoe (Seattle Reign).

So, any surprises? Complaints?

Only one college player Hailie Mace (UCLA)

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
No surprises.

Big complaint: Don't we have anyone better than Naeher and Harris for GK? I haven't seen many of the (is it the NWSL now?) games, but in the friendlies Naeher has looked awful to me. I've seen Harris a couple of times and thought she looked much more under control.

I know Klingenberg was hurt for awhile, but thought she has come back. Was that too late for consideration? I think she was part of one of the best back lines ever.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Here is the 20 player roster, including club affiliation:

Goalkeepers: Ashlyn Harris (Orlando Pride), Alyssa Naeher (Chicago Red Stars).

Defenders: Abby Dahlkemper (NC Courage), Crystal Dunn (NC Courage), Hailie Mace (UCLA), Kelley O’Hara (Utah Royals), Becky Sauerbrunn (Utah Royals), Casey Short (Chicago Red Stars), Emily Sonnett (Portland Thorns).

Midfielders: Morgan Brian (Chicago Red Stars), Julie Ertz (Chicago Red Stars), Lindsey Horan (Portland Thorns), Rose Lavelle (Washington Spirit), Samantha Mewis (NC Courage).

Forwards: Tobin Heath (Portland Thorns), Carli Lloyd (Sky Blue), Alex Morgan (Orlando Pride), Christen Press (Utah Royals), Mallory Pugh (Washington Spirit), Megan Rapinoe (Seattle Reign).

So, any surprises? Complaints?

Only one college player Hailie Mace (UCLA)
Unfortunately Tierna Davidson is out for a few months with a broken ankle. She had started almost all the games recently at CB. But luckily Sauerbrunn and Dahlkamper are available.

I'd love to see Andi Sullivan get in the picture. Prefer her over Mewis/Long. Also prefer Hinkle over Mace/Short.

Oh yea, the other complaint, only a 20 man roster. Why not 23 like all other FIFA tourneys?

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Big complaint: Don't we have anyone better than Naeher and Harris for GK? I haven't seen many of the (is it the NWSL now?) games, but in the friendlies Naeher has looked awful to me. I've seen Harris a couple of times and thought she looked much more under control.
No, unfortunately I don't believe we do.

I know Klingenberg was hurt for awhile, but thought she has come back. Was that too late for consideration? I think she was part of one of the best back lines ever.
Klingenberg for whatever reason is not rated by Ellis. She has tried numerous players at FB looking desperately for someone (Short/Smith/Huerta/Mace/O'Hara). Even gone as far as to play Sonnet and Davidson there. And now has one of our better FW/W's playing there in Dunn. All before calling Klingenberg back in. Although she's only 30, there doesn't seem to be any interest in her.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom