USMNT Falling | Page 16 | The Boneyard

USMNT Falling

Reaction Score
Werner looks like his confidence is shot and Havertz is invisible. But CP, last couple games is getting the ball taken off of him, Having it go out of bounds, not getting the cross off -- at least what I've seen anyway. He's still deserving of his place in the team as he's the most dynamic attacker

Reaction Score
Long read on ESPN, some good points, some head-scratchers

Welp, I guess I'm not crazy after all for saying this:

"To me, this group is a culmination of the development system in America," said Berhalter. "The Development Academy had a lot to do with it, and now you're starting to see that it's a systematic development of players."

Reaction Score
Your opinion can't be more wrong
You and others who sing this tune don't know the personnel that play on the national teams from the U-17 and up. Many are fantastic multi faceted athletes that could or have excelled at multiple sports. They play soccer for the love of the game. Americans are spoiled with a variety of sports that pay huge dollars to those who participate so it's only natural that most would migrate to those sports. If the rest of the world had baseball leagues and American football leagues that paid more on average vs the soccer leagues - it would most likely mirror what is happening in the USA.
I coached soccer for nearly 30 years up to the college level and many of my players were actually proficient at dribbling and shooting a basketball or pitching/hitting a baseball and many could be doing that at a very high level if they chose.
You don't need approval to express your opinion here but if you do, there will be others who have more experience/knowledge in that area and will retort your opine.
That may all be true, but can you imagine LeBron James as a goalie?

Reaction Score
Met John Starks of '90's Knicks fame at a Kicks game a few years back doing while attending a business event. had the opportunity to bring my basketball-crazy younger son with me. Took a bit of prodding, but I got him to go talk to him. He asked what he could do to be a better basketball player. Starks asked him if he played soccer. My son said yes. Starks told him the conditioning, footwork, the eye game (seeing the defense, passing lanes, anticipating player's movement) from soccer would help him a lot.

Reaction Score
Jordan Morris to join Swansea in days. It should put another American in the Premier League. Of all the MLS payers on the USMNT, I always thought he was headed for better things. He has a physical presence that not many of our forward have. Wish him he best of luck.

Reaction Score
^ ha!
Will be interesting to see what happens if Swansea goes up and he contributes

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Jordan Morris to join Swansea in days. It should put another American in the Premier League. Of all the MLS payers on the USMNT, I always thought he was headed for better things. He has a physical presence that not many of our forward have. Wish him he best of luck.

It would put another in the Prem if Swansea were there. We're in the Championship but currently in second. We just landed Hourihane from Villa and look to be in good form. Hopefully it holds and we'll be back up.

I'm not sure where I fall on my opinion of Morris.

Reaction Score
It would put another in the Prem if Swansea were there. We're in the Championship but currently in second. We just landed Hourihane from Villa and look to be in good form. Hopefully it holds and we'll be back up.

I'm not sure where I fall on my opinion of Morris.
Morris isn't Renya or CP. But he is a very solid player. I know people like to run down the MLS players. I don't watch the MLS so I have no opinion on that. But I watch the USMNT. He's in the right places. Moves well for his size. And scores fairly regularly. And I see him as a valuable piece.

Reaction Score
He's physical so he can rely on his toughness and speed. Technical ability down the flank and in tight spaces will be the test. Rooting for him, we need big capable attackers who can force goals in international play

Reaction Score
Morris isn't Renya or CP. But he is a very solid player. I know people like to run down the MLS players. I don't watch the MLS so I have no opinion on that. But I watch the USMNT. He's in the right places. Moves well for his size. And scores fairly regularly. And I see him as a valuable piece.

He's this generation's version of Altidore, though not as good, but so far, less injury prone. Depending on the formation and the style of soccer a team uses, he can play a role very well.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I admit I have seen more than one USMNT game where Jordan Morris did not suck.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom