US U17 & U20’s | Page 3 | The Boneyard

US U17 & U20’s

Reaction Score
I've been incredibly impressed with many of these players. It's so clear that our investments into academies and fomenting a soccer culture have begun to pay off. I mean, all of these guys are professionals (Rennicks played with IU last season but is now with the Revs). The days of calling in NCAA players for competitive U-20 fixtures should be just about over.

On an individual note, there's not much else you can say about Soto, Pomykal, Gloster (less so than these others but still impressing me) or Richards; they've been stalwarts. Weah has had moments of brilliance that make it easy to swallow his periods of inactivity. Plus, both he and KDLF tracked back really well against an elite, fast team in France. They've both got so much pace and some technical skills. Dest was a bit iffy in the GS but played a huge role on offense and defense against France. Ledezma, Mendez, hell, even Servania, who I do not rate highly (didn't think he should be on the team) have all played mostly well. Durkin wasn't great against Qatar or Ukraine (Go Ukes!). I think he's better as a 6 by himself instead of playing in a CDM pair with Servania. Keita is another player I'm not fond of; he's just so raw and it's clear he's not seeing quality competition. Still, even he contributed some good with the bad against France. Just very excited to see how this team progresses, both in the remainder of this tournament and in the coming years. To think, they could have Adams and Sargent, too!

Reaction Score
Full Men’s team in the middle of the worst game i’ve seen them play in some time. My problem with the Berhalter hire was his MLS bias. Trapp is a worse version of Beckerman, Djordje hasn’t impressed me at all in any of his outings, yet I guess he may end up a good player. Roldan is bang average. Holmes has been our best player on the night and has played about 10 minutes this far. Awful showing.

Reaction Score
Full Men’s team in the middle of the worst game i’ve seen them play in some time. My problem with the Berhalter hire was his MLS bias. Trapp is a worse version of Beckerman, Djordje hasn’t impressed me at all in any of his outings, yet I guess he may end up a good player. Roldan is bang average. Holmes has been our best player on the night and has played about 10 minutes this far. Awful showing.

It's impossible to be negative enough about tonight's game. Robinson by himself has made at least a dozen awful plays. They stunk as a team and individually. P. U.

For Jamaica, UConn GK Andre Blake was terrific as always but only tested once.

Reaction Score
Ecuador was better. But the USA had its chances.
Yeah, there were definitely chances, but you can’t say they laid an egg against an inferior team. Ecuador looked like a very strong side. Semifinals should still be interesting with Ukraine and Italy on one side and Ecuador playing Cinderellas South Korea on the other.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I'd have a look at Pomykal as a replacement for the Trapp/Bradley debacle asap. He may not be true 6, but he can handle and distribute the ball better than both right now and he is young enough to learn to defend. Probably his best option to make the senior team anyhow.

I'd also get Weah into more camps and see if he can progress enough to contribute at the international level. His caps to date haven't been anything special but he was the best player on the squad.

Soto should also get a look. I didn't see anyone who projects as a difference maker right now but they all have a few more years to progress at the club level.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom