OT: - US Open | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: US Open

Reaction Score
Per Yahoo Sports:
"Truth is, I was vaccinated. I just wasn't out of that 14-day period. I had started the process, and unfortunately, that's how timing ended up being," Rahm said.

“Looking back on it, yeah, I guess I wish I would have done it [vaccination] earlier, but thinking on scheduling purposes and having the PGA and defending Memorial, to be honest it wasn't in my mind.

“I'm not going to lie; I was trying to just get ready for a golf tournament. If I had done it a few days earlier, probably we wouldn't be having these conversations right now.”

Careless, and $1.7M poorer, but not as stupid as he first seemed.

He also played in a Tournament with Covid and nobody was harmed. Stop acting like this is Ebola still. You’re a chicken little.

Reaction Score
He also played in a Tournament with Covid and nobody was harmed. Stop acting like this is Ebola still. You’re a chicken little.
Just smarter than you. Guessing you’ve had it and lived.

Reaction Score
Like you lose $1.7m often enough to know?

That’s not a reasonable argument. You have no idea what the reasoning was for his vaccination timing.

If this happened to him at any point post vaccine you would say the same thing. It’s simply political for you.

Reaction Score
Just smarter than you. Guessing you’ve had it and lived.

Never had it. Got vaxxed at the first opportunity because I have a kid with Asthma and I’ll do anything to mitigate risk. If I were in my twenties and a pro athlete with a body that provides my livelihood my risk calculus would be much different. Thanks for assumptions your crustiness. Now go hit your 7 Hybrid and your Lynx Chipper from the golds.

Reaction Score
Never had it. Got vaxxed at the first opportunity because I have a kid with Asthma and I’ll do anything to mitigate risk. If I were in my twenties and a pro athlete with a body that provides my livelihood my risk calculus would be much different. Thanks for assumptions your crustiness. Now go hit your 7 Hybrid and your Lynx Chipper from the golds.
His risk calculus was also different initially apparently. Cost him $1.7M. He’s an adult and knew the rules and the risks. Not sure why this is triggering you so much.

Reaction Score
Could easily see Bryson challenging on Sunday. His game should play really well with this rough. Could also see him losing some shots in the rough and having an absolute meltdown. I know which one I'm hoping for.

Reaction Score
Could easily see Bryson challenging on Sunday. His game should play really well with this rough. Could also see him losing some shots in the rough and having an absolute meltdown. I know which one I'm hoping for.
I heard him say he was going to play it like Winged Foot....but others have said this type of rough isn't as forgiving...we'll see

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I heard him say he was going to play it like Winged Foot....but others have said this type of rough isn't as forgiving...we'll see

I've been commuting to work all this week and have had more time than I desire to listen to talk radio on the US Open. From what I have heard the rough on the fairway is actually a bit spotty and you can catch some good breaks from errant drives. Rough around the green? Different story. Every person I've heard has said the kikuyu is thick and nasty all around all the greens.

Kiku-yuck: Torrey Pines' great equalizer at U.S. Open is its diabolical rough - The San Diego Union-Tribune (sandiegouniontribune.com)

Reaction Score
I've been commuting to work all this week and have had more time than I desire to listen to talk radio on the US Open. From what I have heard the rough on the fairway is actually a bit spotty and you can catch some good breaks from errant drives. Rough around the green? Different story. Every person I've heard has said the kikuyu is thick and nasty all around all the greens.

Kiku-yuck: Torrey Pines' great equalizer at U.S. Open is its diabolical rough - The San Diego Union-Tribune (sandiegouniontribune.com)
It is nasty.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Would like to see John Rahm win one here. I think Tony Finau will be a factor over the weekend. Rory or Koepka perhaps. But these major tournaments always throw us some surprises, which is what makes them fun. I don’t expect Bryson or Dustin to win, just a hunch.

Reaction Score
I hear that but at the end of the day, having that kind of power is always going to help in super thick rough. That being said, his strategy of send it, rough be damned can also backfire real quick when a ball 6 inches off the fairway can be easily lost to the golf gods.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I'm hoping it comes down to the player that makes the least number of double bogies to win. I want carnage for bad shots. I want par to be a really good round.

Reaction Score
Sirius XM had a nice interview this morning with James Hervol from UConn. It was on the The New Breed of Golf show. Full segment mentioned UConn several times.

Focused on what it was like to be a first time US Open player, what type of preparation he has done at Torrey Pines and how he is trying to get his tour card.

Hervol said the COVID break was good for him because he knew he had some changes he needed to make with his swing and the stoppage of play gave him time to work on swing without worrying about short term drops in tournament results.
Nice article in The Boston Globe about Hervol.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Zach Zaback with a nice chip in from off the green and getting some good cheers from the crowd.

He is stabilizing at +4 after bogeying 3 of the first 4 holes.

Reaction Score
Anyone bet on Richard Bland??:cool:

In May 2021, in his 478th start on the European Tour, Bland achieved his first victory at the Betfred British Masters. At age 48, Bland also became the oldest first-time winner on the European Tour.[2]

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom