Updates on the Gampel Roof repairs? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Updates on the Gampel Roof repairs?

Reaction Score
I used to go to Bristol, then to Middletown, to Rt 2(past the Dew Drop Inn) and on to my vacation resort--US Naval Aux Air Station in Charlestown, RI. (now a wild life refuge--but still has British metric tools buried there)
I'm a believer in preplanning and pre buying to offset the can that was kicked down the road syndrome --which is within each administration state of fed.
What intrigued me more than everything else is you came from Missouri to Hartford--WHY?
I know a dozen and know of at least one Collier, from Mo--every one has been a terrific person--

BroadwayVa- - since I came to CT in 1973 CT state government and different towns governments have set records for stupidity! It's been one of the worst governed state in the USA!
By the way I'm originally from NYC and went to college north of KC. After 3 years teaching in MO I came back to the east! Closer to home!

Reaction Score
An updated video of progress is posted on the Men's Basketball board

Reaction Score
BroadwayVa- - since I came to CT in 1973 CT state government and different towns governments have set records for stupidity! It's been one of the worst governed state in the USA!
By the way I'm originally from NYC and went to college north of KC. After 3 years teaching in MO I came back to the east! Closer to home!

I spent a number of years circling around the Ark, OKla, KS, Tx area--nice people .
However Arkansans still consider me a Damn Yankee--

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Geesh, after 27 years we are repairing the roof/ceiling. I'm not sure why all the hate. Gampel is a nice, nationally recognized facility.

If you want to nitpick, the roof design isn't close to being it's biggest draw back. I'd put the lack of a modern concourse, capacity and access roads well ahead of the roof issues.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Geesh, after 27 years we are repairing the roof/ceiling. I'm not sure why all the hate. Gampel is a nice, nationally recognized facility.

If you want to nitpick, the roof design isn't close to being it's biggest draw back. I'd put the lack of a modern concourse, capacity and access roads well ahead of the roof issues.
More like alongside.

Reaction Score

it is an on campus venue.... it ain't MSG or Boston Garden or whatever ..... it is just fine as a venue for the student body. You put super huge bucks into a place it is going to cost the average fan a lot more money. Really, UConn WBB is there for the student more than anyone else.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Nationally recognized for what? By who?

CL82

Reaction Score

Pretty much every commentator who calls a game out of it. Usually they reference it as "historic Gampel Pavilion." If your men's team ever left that little crackerbox you play in for a true road OOC game, you'd might just be familiar with it.;)

Reaction Score
I moved to Ct from Louisiana in 1989 ..... my coworkers used to poke me about corrupt politicians. I told them that I grew up with these corrupt politicians and knew all their characteristics and machinations and frankly Louisiana has nothing on the corruption in Ct

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Pretty much every commentator who calls a game out of it. Usually they reference it as "historic Gampel Pavilion."

Historic? The place was built in 1990.... not 1950 or before
68.gif
68.gif
68.gif
68.gif
68.gif
68.gif

It probably has character..... alot more than the Civic Center. Im always partial to on-campus arenas than those located off campus.

If your men's team ever left that little crackerbox you play in for a true road OOC game, you'd might just be familiar with it.;)

A crackerbox with a solid roof ;) :p

CL82

Reaction Score

It's not the building so much buy what has happened there, from the MLK Day game vs. Tennessee forward. I guess if you disagree, you'd have to take it up with them.

A crackerbox with a solid roof ;) :p
Well I guess I have to give you that for another couple of months. :D

Reaction Score
Why do visions of the Seattle Kingdome imploding keep coming to my mind when I read these posts..... Just saying

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Wow lots of guys working on it. Maybe they could finish a project ahead of schedule for the first time in Connecticut history? Must be a crappy job though especially when it rains even lightly, because you'll slide right off that thing.

HGN

Reaction Score
It's nationally recognized as The Home Of 11 time National Champion UConn....By whom you ask , WCBB.

And that's something no one else can say. I am sure fans that visit Cameron Indoor Stadium for games would love to have that title. Small and cramped as it may be.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom