Updates on the Gampel Roof repairs? | The Boneyard

Updates on the Gampel Roof repairs?

Joevacc

Vacc Man
Reaction Score
What is the latest updates on the Gamble Roof repairs?. Will it be completed before the start of the Basketball Season 2017.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
You can read this thread here

Gampel Roof Repair Report

Planned to be ready for the season but the First Night is cancelled because it won't be ready.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Is there a more up to date report?
pictures-funny-looking.jpg

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
Completion date is end of October, and First Night is still cancelled.

Reaction Score
I hope those guys don't accidentally fall through one those triangular holes.

Reaction Score
I believe UConn will be playing their first five home games at E.O. Smith High School..:rolleyes:

I posted before that E.O.Smith HS would , to me, be acceptable for FIRST NIGHT--
The Exhib games would be acceptable there too---ONLY if mandated by circumstances.

However, it would appear that should the University Administration know there will be a near month long delay--they would make an administrative decision to get XL Center or Foxwood.

However---I think you are pulling a Broadway spoof and pulling a lot of legs.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Are they dropping all the panels and rewrapping them all and then replacing them? I thought the plan was to progress section by section?

Reaction Score
I hope those guys don't accidentally fall through one those triangular holes.
Notice they have 3 lines tethering them so should they fall it would only be a minor fall--unlike the Empire State construction--no tethers---100 times higher.

Reaction Score
Are they dropping all the panels and rewrapping them all and then replacing them? I thought the plan was to progress section by section?

From previous readings --it seemed that each panel is unique so it must be removed, wrapped, reinstalled and then next--a really slow process---I assume realistic, although each is unique, they may be marked/Id'ed/ and dropped for wrapping--and returned in sections and the unique panel shall be returned to it's former location.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
From previous readings --it seemed that each panel is unique so it must be removed, wrapped, reinstalled and then next--a really slow process---I assume realistic, although each is unique, they may be marked/Id'ed/ and dropped for wrapping--and returned in sections and the unique panel shall be returned to it's former location.

I don't think the panels are unique, though each are specifically numbered. Regardless, it doesn't appear that they have reinstalled any. I would think that reinstalling a rewrapped panel might inform the process. Perhaps corners need to be done a specific way to avoid the wrap material adding too much dimension, etc.

Reaction Score

From everything I've read (and watched in update videos) - it's section by section.

Reaction Score
I posted before that E.O.Smith HS would , to me, be acceptable for FIRST NIGHT--
The Exhib games would be acceptable there too---ONLY if mandated by circumstances.

However, it would appear that should the University Administration know there will be a near month long delay--they would make an administrative decision to get XL Center or Foxwood.

However---I think you are pulling a Broadway spoof and pulling a lot of legs.

:D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom