Oct. 7 at Rice - W
Oct. 21 USF - W
Oct. 28 at Boston College - L
Nov. 4 at Tennessee - L
Nov. 11 at James Madison - W
Nov. 18 SACRED HEART - W
Nov. 25 vs. UMass* - W

8-4

I think we’ll have a figure it out moment early on then go on a tear. Also, I think despite BC’s record this season could have been 7-5. They went 3-9. They competed in most games and historically they are about a .500 team. I’ll throw them a bone while we’re on the road.

Reaction Score
2023 Schedule

Sept. 2 NC STATE - L

Sept. 9 at Georgia State - L
Sept. 16 FIU - W
Sept. 23 DUKE - W
Sept. 30 UTAH STATE - W

Oct. 7 at Rice - W
Oct. 21 USF - W
Nov. 4 at Tennessee - L
Nov. 18 SACRED HEART - W
Nov. 25 vs. UMass* - W

8-4

I think we’ll have a figure it out moment early on then go on a tear. Also, I think despite BC’s record this season could have been 7-5. They went 3-9. They competed in most games and historically they are about a .500 team. I’ll throw them a bone while we’re on the road.
Duke and James Madison will be a stretch to beat. Hope I am wrong.

Reaction Score
Duke and James Madison will be a stretch to beat. Hope I am wrong.
I agree. But we have home field advantage for Duke. Crowd should be decent. I think JMU is going to be a dog fight. They have a pretty good program.

Reaction Score
Agree on JMU away. Win that and we have something as they have been on the rise.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I think the Vegas O/U for this team will be 5.5.

I think we go 7-5.

NC State L
Ga State W
FIU W
Duke L
Utah State L
Rice W
USF W
BC W
Tennessee L
James Madison L
Sacred Heart W
UMass W

Reaction Score
2023 Schedule

Sept. 2 NC STATE - L

Sept. 9 at Georgia State - L
Sept. 16 FIU - W
Sept. 23 DUKE - W
Sept. 30 UTAH STATE - W

Oct. 7 at Rice - W
Oct. 21 USF - W
Nov. 4 at Tennessee - L
Nov. 18 SACRED HEART - W
Nov. 25 vs. UMass* - W

8-4

For us to go 8-4 against that schedule, we will have to be significantly better next year than we were this year. Which means that our passing offense will have to be significantly better. I’m not ready to go out on that limb yet. Let’s see what the personnel looks like when camp starts in August.

Reaction Score
For us to go 8-4 against that schedule, we will have to be significantly better next year than we were this year. Which means that our passing offense will have to be significantly better. I’m not ready to go out on that limb yet. Let’s see what the personnel looks like when camp starts in August.
I am assuming with the low number of outbound transfers and a seasoned qb / returning starting qb we would be significantly better.

I think 8-4 is probably best case scenario. 5-7 to 7-4 is probable. Another borderline bowl bound season.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I think UConn will be more than competitive with this schedule, but home dates are extremely front loaded. Fall Little League extended to the last week of October this year. I will purchase our normal allotment of season tickets, but with only one game after Oct 21 and no weeknight games, I'm not sure how many, let alone tailgates, I'll be able to make.

Reaction Score
13-0 and finish with a huge bowl win in the NY6.
Only because Saban will be fraidy scared to face us in the playoffs and will threaten to hold his nose until he turns purple if they pick us over his annual Big 10 patsy

Reaction Score
Just like Ball State this year.

I don't think we are at the point yet where any road game should be considered "Easy".

BTW GA State beat Army at Army this year and only lost by 5 @ Marshall.
Yup, that will be a game you better come ready for or you’ll find yourself looking at the short end of the scoreboard.

Reaction Score
A friend of mine coached a college program for a number of years. Not football but I think the concept still applies. One of the things he always said was tough was for young teams to learn to win on the road. He said it wasn’t the opposing fans that mattered that much. It was the whole thing. Especially for freshmen, a long road trip was an hour bus ride. Now they are busing from campus to the airport, getting on a plane which some have limited experience with, dealing with time zones, strange beds, food, new routines. Plus they are excited about the trip itself. Often guys were emotionally worn out before they even arrived at the arena. And it took several trips before guys adjusted. Even short road trips that just required a bus ride were hard for those reasons. I think we saw a lot of that this year. Winning away from the Rent will be a big step next year.

Reaction Score
A friend of mine coached a college program for a number of years. Not football but I think the concept still applies. One of the things he always said was tough was for young teams to learn to win on the road. He said it wasn’t the opposing fans that mattered that much. It was the whole thing. Especially for freshmen, a long road trip was an hour bus ride. Now they are busing from campus to the airport, getting on a plane which some have limited experience with, dealing with time zones, strange beds, food, new routines. Plus they are excited about the trip itself. Often guys were emotionally worn out before they even arrived at the arena. And it took several trips before guys adjusted. Even short road trips that just required a bus ride were hard for those reasons. I think we saw a lot of that this year. Winning away from the Rent will be a big step next year.
We should be better prepared.. Hopefully injuries want hinder us either....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom