Update on recruit Julian Allen | The Boneyard

Update on recruit Julian Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Apparently, he's dropped Maryland as a school of interest and added Temple. UConn, RU, Temple and Charlotte (which starts play in 2013) lead Marshall, Purdue and Towson. Allen is a 6-4 wide receiver from New Jersey. Julian Allen video

Reaction Score
Yes, class of 2013.

Does he project as a WR or DE? I only saw one play of him as a WR, but he doesn't look like a burner. As a defensive end he has great quickness and instincts and a good wrap up tackler. Also, in the comments section of that highlight it appears he played against some pretty good competition.

Reaction Score
Does he project as a WR or DE? I only saw one play of him as a WR, but he doesn't look like a burner. As a defensive end he has great quickness and instincts and a good wrap up tackler. Also, in the comments section of that highlight it appears he played against some pretty good competition.
I've had a chance to see this kid twice. Once against South Jersey powerhouse Shawnee and he dominated the whole game and then again in the State semis against Millville which was the philly inquirer"game of the year" He is a physical speciman and projected to play up at the TE position at the next level. Not a burner, but one of those new breeds of athletic tight ends. Still under the radar but starting to get attention for 2013 class.

Reaction Score
Awesome. Certainly a position of need for the Huskies.

Reaction Score
With Greg Schiano departing from Rutgers and early reports showing Temple's Steve Addazio as the top choice to replace him, it has left recruiting in NJ upside down. Once the non-contact period is over, UConn should make a heavy push on 2 SJ kids on the radar of all 3 schools. Williamstown's Buddy Brown and Washington Township's Julian Allen. Both are big physical types that play with attitude!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom