update on Azzi ? [merged thread] | The Boneyard

update on Azzi ? [merged thread]

Reaction Score
I haven't heard much for a week. Is she running? Is she practicing?
Two weeks ago, I thought Geno expected her back by now.

Reaction Score
Has anyone heard any concrete news on azzi returning to the team to play? I would think uconn owes it to the fans on some form of update on her progress. I dont think they have handled it very well. Any little tidbit now and then seems fair. But this silence makes you wonder is there no chance of her playing this year. And on another note a speedy recovery to Aubrey Griffin. Uconn nation is glad things went well for her and will see her back on the court.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Has anyone heard any concrete news on azzi returning to the team to play? I would think uconn owes it to the fans on some form of update on her progress. I dont think they have handled it very well. Any little tidbit now and then seems fair. But this silence makes you wonder is there no chance of her playing this year. And on another note a speedy recovery to Aubrey Griffin. Uconn nation is glad things went well for her and will see her back on the court.
While all UConn fans are anxious for news on the status of Azzi’s health, HIPAA laws significantly restrict the information that UConn can share with the public. In short, neither UConn or Azzi owe us anything on her health and recovery.

Certainly Azzi’s recovery has taken longer than we all had hoped for. The one thing we can be sure of is that UConn’s medical staff will not rush her return at the expense of her long term health.

Reaction Score
HIPAA laws only apply to health care organizations and providers and thus do not restrict what UConn coaches say. The lack of communication reflects the desire of the coaching staff to keep a certain level of privacy for the student athletes, not legal issues. Obviously, Azzi's recovery is taking longer than expected, and given the comments by MilfordHusky, it seems like it will be another week or more before we see her in a game: Geno has stated he would like 5 days of practice and she is still on the treadmill.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
HIPAA laws only apply to health care organizations and providers and thus do not restrict what UConn coaches say. The lack of communication reflects the desire of the coaching staff to keep a certain level of privacy for the student athletes, not legal issues. Obviously, Azzi's recovery is taking longer than expected, and given the comments by MilfordHusky, it seems like it will be another week or more before we see her in a game: Geno has stated he would like 5 days of practice and she is still on the treadmill.
Thankfully someone, again, defines what HIPAA laws are for, and who they apply to. As someone who worked in the health care field for 25 years I can say HIPAA laws apply only to covered entities. Covered entities include: health plans, including health insurance companies, HMOs, company health plans, and certain government programs that pay for health care, such as Medicare and Medicaid. HIPAA does not protect all health information. Nor does it apply to every person who may see or use health information...and it certainly does not apply to private individuals.

Reaction Score
Thankfully someone, again, defines what HIPAA laws are for, and who they apply to. As someone who worked in the health care field for 25 years I can say HIPAA laws apply only to covered entities. Covered entities include: health plans, including health insurance companies, HMOs, company health plans, and certain government programs that pay for health care, such as Medicare and Medicaid. HIPAA does not protect all health information. Nor does it apply to every person who may see or use health information...and it certainly does not apply to private individuals.
I know from experience that I was not allowed to divulge any persons medical conditions while in my capacity as a LE officer. We got annual trainings on the subject and our policies were very specific

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I know from experience that I was not allowed to divulge any persons medical conditions while in my capacity as a LE officer. We got annual trainings on the subject and our policies were very specific
I'm surprised, although I don't know your specifics. Generally as a rule law enforcement agencies are not HIPAA covered entities and are not subjected to the privacy rules set forth in the HIPAA law nor privy to PHI. There may be exceptions such as when law enforcement agencies operate their own, independent emergency medical services, which would be considered HIPAA covered agencies. The HIPAA Privacy Rule however does allow healthcare providers and/or other associated healthcare entities to disclose an individual’s PHI to law enforcement as it relates to COVID-19 infection, exposure, or any other reasonably pertinent information without a signed HIPAA Authorization by the individual.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom