University of New Haven looking at going Division 1 | The Boneyard

University of New Haven looking at going Division 1

Reaction Score

>New Haven is currently a Division II program. A move would require major facilities upgrades and various other investments and expenses. The football program would participate at the Division I FCS level.<

>New Haven has 17 athletic programs.<

Last edited:
Reaction Score
In only 2 years, Div 1/P5 AD albeit KU football, fired, and falling all of the way down to the Univ of New Haven. ST career save attempt?

Reaction Score
The NCAA should really reorganize the 3 different levels. Keep DIII as it is today - generally small schools that do not offer athletic scholarships. DI should be the P5/FBS programs along with the G5 and a small number of other top-tier conferences like the Big East. Basically the big money schools. As the current DII model is failing, move the remaining DI programs, such as FCS football and similar schools like the Ivy down to a new DII. It's already moing in this direction as there are very few DII programs left.

Last edited:

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
The NCAA should really reorganize the 3 different levels. Keep DIII as it is today - generally small schools that do not offer atheltic scholarships. DI should be the P5/FBS programs along with the G5 and a small number of other top-teir conferences like the Big East. Basically the big money schools. As the current DII model is failing, move the remaining DI programs, such as FCS football and simialr schools like the Ivy down to a new DII. It's already moing in this direction as there are very few DII programs left.
The Ivy League should stay D-1 though. There should only be about 200-225 D-1 schools.

Reaction Score
There are 315 D2 schools.
315, of which most compete in the States and more than 1/2 have gridiron football programs. Bonus points of no value for the name and location of the non-US D2 school; no online searching allowed. Hint: great mascot, but relatively less known university to many Yanks.

Reaction Score
315, of which most compete in the States and more than 1/2 have gridiron football programs. Bonus points of no value for the name and location of the non-US D2 school; no online searching allowed. Hint: great mascot, but relatively less known university to many Yanks.

University of BC? *

* The Canadian one. British Columbia. Not that other BC. Although one could make that mistake.

Reaction Score

Simon Fraser University (in British Columbia). I'll gladly accept my 0 points now, thank you.

Reaction Score
Simon Fraser University (in British Columbia). I'll gladly accept my 0 points now, thank you.
Bingo, in Surrey (Vancouver burb), legit BC.

Now, the other D2 schools not in the 50 states?

Reaction Score

It’s in British Columbia

I’m gonna guess Simon Fraser U

Reaction Score
Ok. Kooky idea guy

Why not Play the Canadian top college football team. Laval U. (Universite d’ Laval - I think)

Play a real international bowl. Ok. Sorry. I’m just not driven by excitement to have Middle Tennessee or Louisiana Monroe on the schedule. Define our Football as transient. I believe we have options in 2023 or so. Until then. MSG Hoop and the most interesting FB.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom