University of New Hampshire’s Steve Metcalf Named Next Hockey East Commissioner | The Boneyard

University of New Hampshire’s Steve Metcalf Named Next Hockey East Commissioner

Reaction Score

>> Steve Metcalf, who has spent over two decades in athletic administration at the University of New Hampshire, has been named the fifth commissioner of the Hockey East Association.

A member of the NCAA Division I Men's Ice Hockey Committee since 2015 and currently its chair, Metcalf has served as the Wildcats' deputy director of athletics for the past 10 years.<<

Reaction Score
Seems like a solid choice. Does this mean the America East thing is dead? Or is it more likely with a UNH guy in charge?

Reaction Score
Seems like a solid choice. Does this mean the America East thing is dead? Or is it more likely with a UNH guy in charge?

From the reporting on the situation, it seems the proposal was pretty much not going to happen from the moment someone brought it up, but they did the polite thing and at least heard the pitch before just saying no.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score

Reaction Score
From the reporting on the situation, it seems the proposal was pretty much not going to happen from the moment someone brought it up, but they did the polite thing and at least heard the pitch before just saying no.
Good. Only worry I have is I don’t trust the Big 10 to do the right thing ever. Seems the hockey community ought to get direct access though since only one all sports league sponsors it. The rest are single sport entities

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom