Underrated US Cities | Page 23 | The Boneyard

Underrated US Cities

Reaction Score
Montclair NJ.
After living in Manhattan, moving to Montclair with my ex was like night and day. Loved my time there.
bloomfield ave is nice! to think it takes you right down to newark

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Milwaukee- Got my tickets for the September 11th weekend of Summer Fest. Tickets for Chappelle and ZZ Top, Living Colour, Wilco, Filter, Toad the Wet Sprocket, 311...
Wow, Living Colour, that's a blast from the past. I saw them on Memorial Field when I went to visit my siblings over Spring Weekend years ago. They rocked!

Reaction Score
Milwaukee- Got my tickets for the September 11th weekend of Summer Fest. Tickets for Chappelle and ZZ Top, Living Colour, Wilco, Filter, Toad the Wet Sprocket, 311...

nice, I went a few summers ago and it was Lit, Nelly, Alien Ant Farm, The Wallflowers, cant remember the other headliners. It was thursday so they had throwback thursday on drink prices as well.

Reaction Score
All true.

I've been visiting my sister during her summers (and now year round) in Ithaca & north for nearly three decades, so I'm well-acquainted with Ithaca & Moosewood

As to Bloodroot, by my perception, it has often given off a chilly vibe toward men, but things jumped noticeably in my favor after one time when I encountered my original yoga teacher. A connection was made because one of the two restaurant partners did a class at a different time & location with Sophie, one which I later joined occasionally. It was like I got issued a credible ally card.

Then again, it had felt like an understandable, "Yeah, we don't get treated so great out in most of the world, so allow our cold attitude to raise your consciousness some." I've known men who have stayed away.
Moosewood - they need to have a fire hose in the back so they can give their staff their circus elephant treatment and hose them down before a shift - those folks stink to high heaven.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Greenville, SC

Wall Street Journal did an article on where people are moving, focus on smaller cities where people go from big cities. Greenville was #1 on the list. It looked really interesting.

Reaction Score
Along the same lines.. Hans might get a kick out of this.. Going to Ithaca again .. An hour or two from Cornell-our destination.. I'm riding shotgun and kind of spacing out-We're in farm country. I look to the left at a small farm and see a camel laying down under a tree in the shade. For the record-- I was stone sober!!

We talked about that for the whole weekend and agreed to look for him on our way home. Sure enough.. There he was..

Turns out that this farm was a rescue facility for retired circus animals. Saw my first camel(and albino deer) on the way to Ithaca/Cornell.

Can't make this "stuff" up.
Went to undergrad up in Ithaca. Cornell is just a beautiful campus. I will be going in October for the first time since 1990. I had always intended to be a regular visitor. I was '83 Econ and by '93 had a 4 and 2 year old so didn't go to my 10 year. Mistake.

I will hit Moosewood and will have to Google College town to see what still exists. Chanticleer bar downtown. Was already old when I was there. Bet it still exists. Can't wait.

Reaction Score
Went to undergrad up in Ithaca. Cornell is just a beautiful campus. I will be going in October for the first time since 1990. I had always intended to be a regular visitor. I was '83 Econ and by '93 had a 4 and 2 year old so didn't go to my 10 year. Mistake.

I will hit Moosewood and will have to Google College town to see what still exists. Chanticleer bar downtown. Was already old when I was there. Bet it still exists. Can't wait.
Visited a few times for weddings.. Have heard great things from my Ithaca College and Cornell friends

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom