2024 Recruiting: - Uncommitted Recruits | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Uncommitted Recruits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Are we hearing any rumblings around any of the remaining uncommitted class of 2024 recruits that might be leaning toward UConn? Or potentially any high level class of 2025 recruits that might fit the UConn culture and style of play?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I imagine 2025 C Badara Diakite who plays for Northwest Catholic in CT will be a target recruit for us as well as Betsey mentioned above.
Yep. I was going to mention Diakite too, but I saw he was a 2025 and misread the OP was talking about 2024. I think Diakite may be a little older, so if he can reclassify to 2024, definitely. If not, 2025.

Reaction Score
I imagine 2025 C Badara Diakite who plays for Northwest Catholic in CT will be a target recruit for us as well as Betsey mentioned above.
I know this kid is ranked pretty highly. I’ve seen him play a few times for northwest and he’s been really bad each time I’ve seen him. In the championship game he didn’t make any impact on either end. Maybe I just saw him play bad games which happens to high schoolers and is why I never mentioned it until now that his name got brought up again.

Reaction Score
If Betsy doesn’t want to come to UConn after this year and seeing the love and success Clingan has had as the “Hometown kid”, then let him go
I hope Tyler feels the love this program has for its players, and that generations of players consider it a family. Performing at a high level as a UConn Husky in your home state is a feeling only a couple of handfuls of UConn greats have experienced, but they’re remembered forever.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If Betsy doesn’t want to come to UConn after this year and seeing the love and success Clingan has had as the “Hometown kid”, then let him go
Honestly agreed. If any kid can be bought by some bag coach, let them. I’m sure Clingan is cleaning up very nicely, especially after this run.

Reaction Score
Where is this coming from. Is there somebody you're responding to? Must be blocked for me.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
I hope Tyler feels the love this program has for its players, and that generations of players consider it a family. Performing at a high level as a UConn Husky in your home state is a feeling only a couple of handfuls of UConn greats have experienced, but they’re remembered forever.
And we tend to have more team success with local players. Harrison,Jones,Clingan,Saunders,Burrell,smith,austrie, olander,Hayes
Have all seen the elite 8 or better.

Reaction Score
And we tend to have more team success with local players. Harrison,Jones,Clingan,Saunders,Burrell,smith,austrie, olander,Hayes
Have all seen the elite 8 or better.
I met Scott Burrell recently, and he couldn’t have been nicer and more generous with his time. Donny Marshall had come to watch his SCSU team play. Scott and I talked briefly about the old days of UConn hoops when he, Chris Smith, and Murray Williams played. All homegrown CT kids. And the state’s passion was at a fever pitch, and the state was behind the Huskies like few times ever before. When the Huskies have home state kids playing and sharing the success, it just hits so much differently.

Reaction Score
You need to have a few top home grown kids on the roster of the state university. Lots of intangible benefits as long as they can play. I'm not talking about having CT kids just because they're Connecticut kids.

Reaction Score
Betsey seems to be really close to 5 Star Dylan Harper (Ron Harper's kid). Looks like Harper is trying to convince him to go Rutgers with him. I'd hate that. Still sore over losing Gavin Griffiths to them TBH

Reaction Score
Betsey seems to be really close to 5 Star Dylan Harper (Ron Harper's kid). Looks like Harper is trying to convince him to go Rutgers with him. I'd hate that. Still sore over losing Gavin Griffiths to them TBH
Griffiths’ recruitment was influenced by his dad having known Pikiell since they were schoolboy players. From what I understand, UConn’s style of play (at the time, viewed as defensive minded, winning lots of 51-50 type games) was viewed as a drawback to showcasing the offensive game for the next level. You’d think that these kids would be pivoting now seeing how exciting UConn plays offensively with inside and outside games. And Hawkins is showing that UConn can still produce wings that are worthy of lottery picks. Why kids would pass up their home state school to go to Piscataway NJ and finish fourth in the Big 10 is beyond me. Hurley has shown that with the right personnel, they will play this way.

Reaction Score
Griffiths’ recruitment was influenced by his dad having known Pikiell since they were schoolboy players. From what I understand, UConn’s style of play (at the time, viewed as defensive minded, winning lots of 51-50 type games) was viewed as a drawback to showcasing the offensive game for the next level. You’d think that these kids would be pivoting now seeing how exciting UConn plays offensively with inside and outside games. And Hawkins is showing that UConn can still produce wings that are worthy of lottery picks. Why kids would pass up their home state school to go to Piscataway NJ and finish fourth in the Big 10 is beyond me. Hurley has shown that with the right personnel, they will play this way.
We run the most NBA stuff of any team in the country and have a top 5 offense. I would be pretty shocked if Betsey doesn't come here.

Reaction Score
Verbal Commits only shows UConn with four open offers for 2024.
Aug 18, 2022Tyler BetseySFHS Junior6'7"175 lbsfiber_manual_record
Offered
Jul 29, 2022Isaiah AbrahamSFHS Junior6'7"190 lbsfiber_manual_record
Offered
Oct 31, 2021Johnuel Fland, Jr.PGHS Junior6'2"165 lbsfiber_manual_record
Offered
Oct 15, 2021Naasir CunninghamSGHS Junior6'8"165 lbsfiber_manual_record
Offered

Reaction Score
If he goes to Rutgers, winning isn't important to him.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Where is this coming from. Is there somebody you're responding to? Must be blocked for me.

He didn't quote/reply but I think it was an indirect response to post #2

Reaction Score
We’re wasting our time on this now. Everything has changed. Be patient and see what else DH and staff pull out of the hat.

Reaction Score
Recruits are waiting to see what happens to upperclassmen with NBA aspirations, transfers, and now the latest/greatest NIL opportunities. Don’t be surprised for late summer/fall commitments. That’s commit season for us.

Many of our recruits attended our games already mentioned above. Official visits usually peak during the spring/summer time. Campus is beautiful during those months. Patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom