UConn's Transfer Paradox | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn's Transfer Paradox

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Couldnt think of another place to put this info but morgan valley has recently followed Florida guard Lavendar Briggs who just recently entered the transfer portal.
Interesting, particularly when added to the fact that Florida HC Cam Newbauer just resigned for “personal reasons.” The 6’1” Briggs was the Gator’s leading scorer at 20.1 ppg before a foot injury ended her season.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
The three trees together would be basically for defensive rebounds, letting the guards stay outside for fast break possibilities. On offense, AE and DJ would be constantly moving in and out, with AE on the wing for the 12 footer, while DJ moves around the 3 Pt line. ONO has shown that she is a capable rim protector, while the others can explore other options. AE and DJ will still be involved on the boards, but ONO will be the low post defender. This line up will work well against teams like Stanford who always sign players of size.
you are still talking about something that would be used rarely (you named one opponent) and for a short duration. It's not worth the time this post has taken.

Reaction Score
Unpopular opinion: this thread is a very good read. And this UConn team is very intriguing. Gonna be fun to watch them

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
you are still talking about something that would be used rarely (you named one opponent) and for a short duration. It's not worth the time this post has taken.
Good, so you don't have to read this. I'm not stupid enough to think it would be used at all times. This is just a scenario that can be used if needed, and I don't need to justify my opinion. Geno has endless possibilities and if the need is there, it is there. [ ]

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Interesting, particularly when added to the fact that Florida HC Cam Newbauer just resigned for “personal reasons.” The 6’1” Briggs was the Gator’s leading scorer at 20.1 ppg before a foot injury ended her season.
Briggs would really be in interesting transfer paradox for UCONN. On the positive side she has WNBA potential, is a relentless offensive force that can create her own shot and moves very well within the half court sets. Similar to the comment made about Dorka, Briggs will be an improved player simply by playing with better teammates. Also on the positive she has good mid range, good/great guard post up skills, and for a guard she is a monster on the boards and averaged 15+ then 20+ PPG playing in the SEC. On the down side let's call it what it is she is a medium accuracy, high volume shooter who is used to playing 35 minutes per game and shooting the ball 16+ times per game. As currently constructed I don't envision her getting half that many minutes or FGA/G at UCONN.
With all that said I'd still think UCONN should grab if she wants to come. Next year UCONN loses Evina and likely Christyn Williams as well. Personally I like the though of Briggs-who will be a established 3 year collegiate player competing for a starting position on the wing.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Briggs would really be in interesting transfer paradox for UCONN. On the positive side she has WNBA potential, is a relentless offensive force that can create her own shot and moves very well within the half court sets. Similar to the comment made about Dorka, Briggs will be an improved player simply by playing with better teammates. Also on the positive she has good mid range, good/great guard post up skills, and for a guard she is a monster on the boards and averaged 15+ then 20+ PPG playing in the SEC. On the down side let's call it what it is she is a medium accuracy, high volume shooter who is used to playing 35 minutes per game and shooting the ball 16+ times per game. As currently constructed I don't envision her getting half that many minutes or FGA/G at UCONN.
With all that said I'd still think UCONN should grab if she wants to come. Next year UCONN loses Evina and likely Christyn Williams as well. Personally I like the though of Briggs-who will be a established 3 year collegiate player competing for a starting position on the wing.
I also view Briggs as potentially having a greater impact in 2022-23, assuming E & Christyn head to the pros. She could be even more important if Rice commits elsewhere, leaving UConn with only 3 true guards: Paige, Nika and Azzi, all of whom could be starting in 2022-23.

Reaction Score
Yup. Totally agree. There was an article out there that I believe Liv told the freshmen she wishes it was this competitive when she was a freshman. She clearly hasn’t had a chance to go through that at practice or had any one really challenge her. Sometimes I think people think her ceiling is much higher than what it is or that she needs to be a bruiser when she’ll always be a finesse player. However I do think she has a tons of room for improvement and hopefully this year she is pushed to that.
It's great if Liv is going to be pushed for playing minutes. If Aubrey is being forced to shoot in practice, Liv must shoot 1000 times to master the fall-a-way and the foul-shot jumper. Aubrey will only be a bonefide WNBA prospect if she too developes a reliable outside shot. With that asset, plus her speed and athleticism, the sky is the limit. It could happen in the future, but would't it be wonderful for Aubrey, and the team, if she blossomed now.

Reaction Score
"... particularly against teams like SC and Stanford"

What do you think of this against SC and Stanford? Playing Liv in the high post for her passing talents and intermediate range jumper while playing Dorka and Aaliyah at the low post for there aggressive rebounding and strong finishing at the basket. The three pointers can be provided by potentially the team's best 3pt shooters, Paige, Azzi, and Caroline, to spread the floor and open up the key for Dorka, Aaliyah, and Liv. It isn't as though these players will always be on the floor. It also depends on Azzi's and Caroline's reaction the college game's speed and contact. "E" and CW will see lots of playing time but when it is obvious there is a need to spread the floor and open up the key then bring in the snipers Paige, Azzi, and Caroline.

just my view, but I don't think ONO is one you necessarily have to play, but in fairness it's hard to tell before you get a look at the newcomers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom