UCONN WOMEN Mike Anthony: The UConn women will be good if Crystal Dangerfield can be great | The Boneyard

UCONN WOMEN Mike Anthony: The UConn women will be good if Crystal Dangerfield can be great

Reaction Score
As the season rapidly approaches, so the volume of articles appearing in the Hartford Courant regarding many of the topics discussed on the BY, including the need for Crystal Dangerfield to be consistently great rather than occasionally great.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I think Crystal will be "great." She's experienced and will be healthy. This team is built for her in that there will be a whole lot of scorers on the court so she will have opportunities galore for assists. That will force opponents to guard the perimeter which will create driving opportunities. I expect this to be a very good year for her.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
"She’s the point guard, the team’s only senior, and as of Monday morning, the American Athletic Conference’s preseason co-player of the year. "

Comments like this really grind my gears.

She may be the only starting senior. She may be the only senior who gets meaningful minutes in high-pressure games. She may be the only senior that they write about between now and senior night.

But she is not the team's only senior.

Reaction Score
Uconn will be great if Chrystal is great this year? Well then,looks like Uconn will be great this year.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Kind of OT but anyone else getting the feeling that Meg is going to have a great year? I just feel like she is overlooked, even by UConn fans to an extent. She's and upperclassman and showed that she can takeover games in spurts last year. Without Pheesa and Lou, I think she'll step up. As I said above, we have a lot of weapons. I'm really looking forward to the season.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
One thing that should help: Crystal likes to push the pace and drop dimes on the fast break, and Aubrey Griffin was made for the UConn fast break. She is long and fast.

The question is how many minutes will Griffin see each game this year? How far down on the depth chart will she be?

How far behind the 6th man will she be? Number 7, or buried deep on the other end of the bench? She’s got Makurat and Adebayo in front of her.

Reaction Score
I think Crystal will be "great." She's experienced and will be healthy. This team is built for her in that there will be a whole lot of scorers on the court so she will have opportunities galore for assists. That will force opponents to guard the perimeter which will create driving opportunities. I expect this to be a very good year for her.

I cross my fingers that she is healthy. She recently commented that she still has pain following her surgery and is taking it a little easy as she prepares for the season. Hopefully not an issue. But I can't help it. I worry. :confused:

Reaction Score
I think Crystal had some hip labral repair work done. I had this done on both my hips, one in May, and one in September. Mine were miner, but I was told it could take 1+ year to heal completely. The one done in May is still painful if I move the wrong way. I know what she's going through. It's frustrating more than anything. You go for a day or 2 with no pain. Then take a step and nearly drop to the floor in pain.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I gotta believe that this years team will be less dependent on two players and will play more like a team especially with the great guard play they have and those guards can score alot of points opening up defenses. Last season UConn depended and looked to Lou and Phessa too much. This years team will be different. Yeah our core 4 will have opportunities to step it up and without Lou and Phessa I see that happening. Its gonna be an exciting season and ONO is going to surprise alot of fans. I really dont see what the media is coming up with ranking UConn so low in the polls. We have 4 top 5 HS players who have matured and a 6'5 post player who can block shots. Not many teams have a 6'5 player who can contribute like ONO Im scratching my head on to why people think UConn will anything less then top 3? With Westbrook even higher

Reaction Score
"She’s the point guard, the team’s only senior, and as of Monday morning, the American Athletic Conference’s preseason co-player of the year. "

Comments like this really grind my gears.

She may be the only starting senior. She may be the only senior who gets meaningful minutes in high-pressure games. She may be the only senior that they write about between now and senior night.

But she is not the team's only senior.
Actually the article said she's the “only starting senior”, not the only senior.

Reaction Score
I’m a journalist and for a few publications, I would publish my own articles. After I’d share my article, either I, or someone I know, would point out typos and I’d go back and change them. Granted, it didn’t happen with every article, but it happens. With cutbacks in journalism, you don’t have editorial staffs like you used to. One time I interviewed a famous actor and he actually read my article. When I was transcribing the article, I misunderstood something he said because his voice had cut out a bit and he even contacted me about it so I changed the quote. It’s part of journalism nowadays.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom